Carb jet assortment kits?

Got questions? We got answers....
Bark_Buster
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bark_Buster »

Recently picked up a "05 KDX 220 (mine) and a "96 KDX 200 (son's). I'd like to get ready to poke around the internals of our carbs but don't want to be waiting around for parts if needed. The 220 is bone stock whereas kiddo's bike has an FMF, no air box lid, aftermarket spark arrestor, some obvious carb mods (see pic) and some spooging issues.

I'm not intimidated by carbs in the least and honestly would find a single carb almost fun to tinker with compared to the rack of 'em on my ZX7R!

Anyhow, are these two carbs similar enough to share common parts like jets, rods, bowl gaskets float needles, etc? Am I going to find anything unusual under that goofy looking Boyesen bowl? Is there a "kit" out there for these carbs that come with an assortment of jets and bits or best to order some rebuild kits and jets individually?
Attachments
Boyesen bowl?
Boyesen bowl?
IMG_3215.JPG (471.95 KiB) Viewed 1239 times
canamfan
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by canamfan »

They are identical except for their bore. The 220 is 33mm the 200 is 35mm. Yes the 200 has the bigger bore carb. They are keihn pwk carbs jetsrus has parts as well as sudco. or your local dealer. All the internals are the same, except for differences in jetting preference.
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: Carb jet assortment kits?

Post by KDXGarage »

The mains and needles are not the same. Most parts are the same. They are interchangeable, but may not be what the other model needs.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128