200 kdx jetting

Got questions? We got answers....
stomlinson

200 kdx jetting

Post by stomlinson »

I have a 95kdx engine in my hybrid build, engine was fully rebuilt, has rd head, rd carb , boyseen rad valve, fmf knarly dessert pipe , and uni filter. What is everyone else using for jetting ? I have a 89 kdx with all the same mods and it has way more hit low mid and top. I jetted my 95 the same as my old kdx was that the wrong decision??
ohgood
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Re: 200 kdx jetting

Post by ohgood »

every bike is different- it would be best to start with the jetting guide.
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

200 kdx jetting

Post by KDXGarage »

stomlinson wrote:I have a 95kdx engine in my hybrid build, engine was fully rebuilt, has rd head, rd carb , boyseen rad valve, fmf knarly dessert pipe , and uni filter. What is everyone else using for jetting ? I have a 89 kdx with all the same mods and it has way more hit low mid and top. I jetted my 95 the same as my old kdx was that the wrong decision??
yes

work your way up from the pilot
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
C George
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

200 kdx jetting

Post by C George »

If it has a true RB carb ,,, Ron is very good at getting the jetting spot on out of the box. " If he knows all the mods "
05 KDX-220R / 06 KDX-225R / Maxima 927 / Millenium Tech / Ron Black / PC , FMF / Many 220 engine mods / 40 + yrs. of riding dirt bikes 🤟🤟
stomlinson

Post by stomlinson »

Ok so i have tried jetting it differently but the power still sucks compaired to my 89 :( i was talking to another friend that has a 220 and he said his bike is alot slower then other kdx220s with the exact same mods. Did we just get the engines built at quiting time on a friday afternoon or something cause im not happy with this engines performance at all.
Jaguar
Supporting Member

Post by Jaguar »

one main difference between the E and H models was that the H had its ignition timing retarded 2 degrees.
Take off the flywheel and turn the stator plate CW to be more advanced timing like the E series.
Performance CDI -- KDX motocross mods -- the SR KDX -- expansion chamber analysis---> http://www.dragonfly75.com/moto/
C George
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by C George »

Jaguar wrote:one main difference between the E and H models was that the H had its ignition timing retarded 2 degrees.
Take off the flywheel and turn the stator plate CW to be more advanced timing like the E series.

+1 ,,,, agree 100% . I'd guess they made that call based off the fuel quality that these bikes might see.
05 KDX-220R / 06 KDX-225R / Maxima 927 / Millenium Tech / Ron Black / PC , FMF / Many 220 engine mods / 40 + yrs. of riding dirt bikes 🤟🤟