Exhaust installation.

Got questions? We got answers....
6 Riders
Gold Member
Gold Member

Exhaust installation.

Post by 6 Riders »

Having seen a bunch of people ask about installing exhaust, I copied this from FMF's installation instructions. Follow this guide and you should be A-OK!

TOOLS REQUIRED
8mm Wrench
10mm Wrench
12mm Wrench
Contact Cleaner
High Temp Silicone
WD-40®
Spring Puller

PRE -INSTALLATION
8. Using contact cleaner, clean the exhaust flange and/or cylinder exhaust port to remove all dirt
and debris. If applicable, remove o-rings and clean the grooves of the pipe flange.
9. If your application uses an exhaust pipe washer/shim, make sure that is installed in the
cylinder before mounting the pipe.

INSTALLATION
10. If applicable, install pipe o-rings using High Temp Silicone to provide a better seal. *We
recommend using new o-rings *
11. Loosely mount the FMF pipe with your existing hardware and make sure the pipe flange slips
fully into or over the cylinder flange. Wipe away any excess silicone.
12. Install new pipe springs. *We recommend using new springs and covering the springs with rubber
high temp hose if room allows to keep vibration to a minimum.*
13. Apply a thin layer of High Temp Silicone to the pipe where the silencer slips over.
14. With OEM pipe/silencer coupler in place, slide silencer over pipe and wipe away any excess
Silicone. Loosely install one silencer mounting bolt to hold it in place - do not tighten at this
time.
15. Make sure the pipe and silencer are in neutral positions and not binding. Slowly tighten all
mounting fasteners and clamps to OEM specified torque specs, starting from the front and
working your way back.
16. Inspect the complete exhaust to make sure there is no contact with the frame, shock spring,
engine, body panels or any cables, hoses or wiring. The exhaust system should only be in
contact with the exhaust port
newbbewb wrote:^what he said.
masterblaster wrote:Man 6 riders you rock.
*side note...I'm drunk, so try to read what I'm trying to say, instead of what I actually type