Few questions

Got questions? We got answers....
Scrandy

Few questions

Post by Scrandy »

Hey first off I want to say that I find this forum super helpful. Thanks to everybody. And I have a few questions. First does anybody know where I can find a half decent cheap graphics kit for my bike? (04 KDX220) I would buy custom but I don't have the money as i'm only 15 and make my money mowing lawns lol. Second how to make the bike more fuel effiecent? I heard some people saying rejetting it will help. If so what size jets? Third is there any mx style rear fenders other than the maier one that you can buy and finally the longest lasting rear tire? I drive 50% on pavement, 10% on gravel, 5% grass, 30% on hard pack dirt and 15% on mud. By the way around here I drive on roads because 1. Nobody cares 2. you have to to get to trails and track 3. cops drive past you and wave saying hi. So why not. I have been a dirt biker for 4 years and never had any problems with cops. Where I live theres hardly any cars on the road too. So I want a long lasting rear tire (not a street and trail tire) that gets some decent traction. Thanks.
2004 KDX220R. I'm Canadian eh.
6 Riders
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Few questions

Post by 6 Riders »

Cheap graphics are about $150 w/o number plates, you can always look on E-Bay, might be some there for $100 or so.
Read and follow the jetting guide.
No other direct bolt on MX rear fender.
For the riding you do, I'd recommend the Kenda TrackMaster. They are DOT, handle well off road (I raced one this winter) and decent on road (I do that too). I do pump mine pretty full for street riding, helps with the squirrely corning.
newbbewb wrote:^what he said.
masterblaster wrote:Man 6 riders you rock.
*side note...I'm drunk, so try to read what I'm trying to say, instead of what I actually type
Scrandy

Post by Scrandy »

6 Riders wrote:Cheap graphics are about $150 w/o number plates, you can always look on E-Bay, might be some there for $100 or so.
Read and follow the jetting guide.
No other direct bolt on MX rear fender.
For the riding you do, I'd recommend the Kenda TrackMaster. They are DOT, handle well off road (I raced one this winter) and decent on road (I do that too). I do pump mine pretty full for street riding, helps with the squirrely corning.
Thanks for the info but can't say i'm a fan of the track master. I had one on my crf150f and noticed the knobs were rounded after 3 rides, it only lasted me a season and I drove on that tire until the only tread that was left on it were a few of the knobs on the very side of the tire. The top of it was smooth. Compared to my KLX125 that I had the same kenda washougal sticky on it for 2 riding seasons and there was still a bit of tread on it. Also does anyone know if a klx300 front number plate or light plate or whatever you want to call it will fit on a kdx?
6 Riders
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by 6 Riders »

I love my Washougals! IMO the trackmaster is a better tire on pavement and in mud.
Yes the KLX headlight fits the KDX.
newbbewb wrote:^what he said.
masterblaster wrote:Man 6 riders you rock.
*side note...I'm drunk, so try to read what I'm trying to say, instead of what I actually type
Scrandy

Post by Scrandy »

6 Riders wrote:I love my Washougals! IMO the trackmaster is a better tire on pavement and in mud.
Yes the KLX headlight fits the KDX.
Yes The washougals are awesome tires, right now my bikes has a Millville 2 on it I like it, but the wahougal is my favorite. Oh yeah i forgot to say I don't care how it handles on pavement, i'm not racing on the road or taking corners fast or anything I just want a tire that can get me to the trails without getting destroyed in the process.
Jaguar
Supporting Member

Post by Jaguar »

Performance CDI -- KDX motocross mods -- the SR KDX -- expansion chamber analysis---> http://www.dragonfly75.com/moto/
doakley
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by doakley »

Go on eBay for KDX Graphics. I found mine there for under $50 and am very pleased with them.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/GRAPHICS-BACKGR ... Ep&vxp=mtr
CAL-kawi

Few questions

Post by CAL-kawi »

If you want long lasting, then you can't beat the above suggestion of the maxxcross IT. Decent in dirt too, although not the best in slimy woods conditions. Motoz are pretty long lasting as well from all reports.
Scrandy

Post by Scrandy »

Thanks, I like the graphics kit and i'l try that tire, i'm going to get a new one tommorow.