A few questions about my 94 kdx200

Got questions? We got answers....
Friedom
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Re: A few questions about my 94 kdx200

Post by Friedom »

I had to take off all kinds of stiff to take the kick shaft out entirely in order to get that white collar job situated properly.

"Fun Wheel Drive"
ubareddition
Supporting Member

Post by ubareddition »

ubareddition wrote:
The list
1. I wanna get new reeds or see if moto tassinari will make good with these and send me new pedals for free. Maybe it was a fluke failure.

2. I wanna figure out why my clutch on the other motor wasn't really working and fix it.

3. I need to figure out why the kick start return spring isn't working.

4. Reassemble topend kit fresh gaskets. And get it running.

5. Re wire my headlight and get that working good. Maybe mess around with that hid.

6. Figure out the wiring with the ac/DC rectifier thingy. How that works what I gotta do to get my horns working and maybe a trail tech.

7. Wire up my tail light and get a front brake switch working.

8. Figure out which of the forks I have are better and rebuild one set and make them rideable.

9. Get the other set of rims off the other bike and get a decent set of tires, rotors, and sprokets on them.

10. Rebuild the front and rear brake calipers and install My new pads.

11. Ride it.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
2 and 3 are done.

fishwater
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by fishwater »

ubareddition wrote:Ok I ordered that. And a handlebar switch so I don't have to have 4 different switches. Baja designs had an all in one that I got.
Now how do I hook up a small 12 volt battery? Because I ordered one of those too.

I used the Tusk wiring kit on my XR as well as the little Tusk battery to power my LED turn signals. The wiring kit is pretty slick, you can connect your brake & headlight to it so you can totally isolate the system or do like I did on my XR. I kept the OE headlight & brake light on the original bike wiring, wired in a brake light switch into the OE tail light then used the Tusk wiring for my horn & turn signals which are controlled by the Tusk mini multi function switch. I tried to wire the battery into my stator so it could charge the battery as I rode but decided it was more trouble than it's worth so I charge the little battery as necessary with a charger. I like having it as a separate system on the bike because I can turn it off or on with the mini multi switch, in other words if I'm not riding on the street the system is off to conserve battery power saving me from having to plug the bike in to charge.

I'm going to install the same exact system in my KDX but they only list it for 1995 & newer H series bikes. The way the harness is designed I can't see it making a difference but figured I'd mention it in case anyone was looking to do the same thing.
1994 KDX 200 all original, street plate
2009 KTM 250XCF-W, street plate
ubareddition
Supporting Member

Post by ubareddition »

Ok I'll keep that in mind. I'm going to try to get the correct parts and get all the things I need to get everything g running off the stator. The kdx 200 sr has all theses things so I should be able to get it to work.

ubareddition
Supporting Member

Post by ubareddition »

Image goodies coming in the mail

ubareddition
Supporting Member

Post by ubareddition »

Image more goodies

Friedom
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by Friedom »

So as I'm planning on assembling my dr441 when the machine shop is done with it, I'm wondering if I should stick with stock exhaust and intake or open it up to breathe more. I have several air boxes on hand.

"Fun Wheel Drive"

Edit: Sorry, wrong thread. Didn't mean to hijack!
Last edited by Friedom on 09:46 am Mar 24 2017, edited 1 time in total.
ubareddition
Supporting Member

Post by ubareddition »

More power!

ubareddition
Supporting Member

Post by ubareddition »

Well finally getting around to sending these out.

6 Riders
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by 6 Riders »

fishwater wrote:
ubareddition wrote:Ok I ordered that. And a handlebar switch so I don't have to have 4 different switches. Baja designs had an all in one that I got.
Now how do I hook up a small 12 volt battery? Because I ordered one of those too.

I used the Tusk wiring kit on my XR as well as the little Tusk battery to power my LED turn signals. The wiring kit is pretty slick, you can connect your brake & headlight to it so you can totally isolate the system or do like I did on my XR. I kept the OE headlight & brake light on the original bike wiring, wired in a brake light switch into the OE tail light then used the Tusk wiring for my horn & turn signals which are controlled by the Tusk mini multi function switch. I tried to wire the battery into my stator so it could charge the battery as I rode but decided it was more trouble than it's worth so I charge the little battery as necessary with a charger. I like having it as a separate system on the bike because I can turn it off or on with the mini multi switch, in other words if I'm not riding on the street the system is off to conserve battery power saving me from having to plug the bike in to charge.

I'm going to install the same exact system in my KDX but they only list it for 1995 & newer H series bikes. The way the harness is designed I can't see it making a difference but figured I'd mention it in case anyone was looking to do the same thing.
I bought that kit for my 95 and installed it on my 93......Works exactly the same. I replaced the Tusk battery pack with an alarm system battery from batteries plus. I only have to charge the battery after a few days of riding (on the street).
newbbewb wrote:^what he said.
masterblaster wrote:Man 6 riders you rock.
*side note...I'm drunk, so try to read what I'm trying to say, instead of what I actually type
ubareddition
Supporting Member

Post by ubareddition »

So here's the deal. I purchased the top end kit thru amazon February 17th. I got it on the 22nd. I didn't get around to installing it till the other day. I opened up the box. Installed the rings properly and oiled up the wrist pin, top end bearing and piston. I gently tried to slide it into my cylinder when I realized it was too big. I didn't try to jam it in there. I also noticed the gasket set is for a H series kdx 200, which I did not open. I confirmed on here that it is 1mm OVERSIZED from a stock kdx 200 e series or h series piston. I already talked to the seller and I admitted to him honestly that I tried to install it and it did not fit. He was a nice enough guy and explained to me that he just can't accept it back because no one will buy a piston that someone already lubed up and tried to install. I tried to argue with Amazon because it was their part fitment checker that confirmed to me that it would fit my kdx. I didn't read the details. I searched "94 kdx 200 wiseco piston" saw this said "will fit your 1994 kdx 200" and hit buy now. Lesson learned. Amazon said they will review my claim and get back to me in 2 weeks or so. Kinda sucks but I'm gonna try to sell it on here.

ubareddition
Supporting Member

Post by ubareddition »

Since it was just my reeds that exploded I used my new bottom end and my old cylinder and piston to get the old girl running. Enjoying the warm weather. Image

ubareddition
Supporting Member

Post by ubareddition »

So I got some things done on the bike today.
I got around to installing the rear brake caliper I ordered off ebay. 37$ not bad. And it came with new pads. Not bad at all. That was strait forward. Easy. I bled the brakes. Some of the nastiest brake fluid I've ever seen came out. Tried to get the pins out so I could change my front pads. No luck. Fought me like the rears did. I even tried welding a allen key in the pin. So in the future I'll have to bring that to a machine shop and have them extract that so I can rebuild it and put the new pads on. I went to see if I could steal the front brake caliper off the 1991. No luck there. They are different and the pads were worn into the metal and I didn't have replacements. Installed my tusk hydraulic brake switch.and wired it in. Did it all with splices so i didnt have to cut up the stock wiring harness. All the connectors got shrink wrap. Gotta get another one for the front and wire that one in too. Put my side panels on. Also wired up a temp headlight. Very very hack wiring that I'm not proud to share here. I took an old fog light bulb I wanna say an h2 and welded a ground prong on it and it's kinda just wedged in the housing. But it works. ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Friedom
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by Friedom »

Nice. I love doing wiring. Sometimes it even works!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
ubareddition
Supporting Member

Post by ubareddition »

So I got a lesson today in why you should wear gloves.good thing I was wearing my helmet and chest protector and knee/shin gaurds. The helmet really saved my bacon. I didn't wear gloves because it was warm. Never gonna make that mistake again. Was in my paved driveway practicing wheelies. I was specifically practicing 2nd gear clutchups from a slow speed. I thought I was in second. But I was in first. All I remember was letting go of the clutch and the next thing I know the bike is on top of me. Specifically on my head/ helmet. I'll be nursing some bruised and bloody knuckles for a few days. Stay safe out there.

IceCold4x4

Post by IceCold4x4 »

I won't even ride a pit bike without gloves. Matter of fact when I ride in the back yard it'll be gloves and no helmet...
1997 KDX 200 - FMF pipe and silencer and I have no clue what else yet.
2000 ZRX1100 - 1109 big bore, ZX11 carbs / cams/ double valve springs / igntion box / Kerker exhaust. It's Mad Max black and fast but rarely clean
2006 Volvo XC90 V8 - The toy hauler and sleeper. 300hp and AWD in a soccer mom SUV.
ubareddition
Supporting Member

Post by ubareddition »

What I want to know is how I removed so much skin from my knee with knee pads and thick work pants on. The pants didn't even get torn but looks like I took a cheese grater to my knee.

IceCold4x4

Post by IceCold4x4 »

ubareddition wrote:What I want to know is how I removed so much skin from my knee with knee pads and thick work pants on. The pants didn't even get torn but looks like I took a cheese grater to my knee.

Just the top layer or did it go deep?
2000 ZRX1100 - 1109 big bore, ZX11 carbs / cams/ double valve springs / igntion box / Kerker exhaust. It's Mad Max black and fast but rarely clean
2006 Volvo XC90 V8 - The toy hauler and sleeper. 300hp and AWD in a soccer mom SUV.
ubareddition
Supporting Member

Post by ubareddition »

Not too deep but wasnt expecting anything with knee pads on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
IceCold4x4

Post by IceCold4x4 »

Ya sane thing happened when I took a 10 MPH spill on my Vulcan a couple of years ago. Took some skin off even through the leather jacket with armor. Think it's just tied to the amount of force and there's no way around it.