89 Kdx 200 SR problems

Got questions? We got answers....
CR_KDX200SR

89 Kdx 200 SR problems

Post by CR_KDX200SR »

Hi

Recently brought myself an 89 kdx200 SR which I think has an E2 engine as it has E2 on the head

Having problems with it and can not get it to run right, it will not tick over (idle) and runs very rough and will not rev through the range acting like its choked up constantly and does not clear

I Brought the bike running a little rough and myself I suspected the Intake manifold which at the time was badly cracked

So got that changed and checked and cleaned the reed block and nothing no different exactly the same

So checked and power valve which was sticky and hard at the time, ordered a gasket set and took the head off,checked it for wear and it was fine so cleaned it greased it timed it up and put it back together and still nothing runs exactly the same even with the power valve now full working (opens when revving etc)

I have checked the carb over and over again cleaned it blown it through and from what I have found out it has standard jetting 122 main 45pilot, also the tick over (idle) screw it turnt all the way it and it will still not tick over and also set the airscrew 1.5 turns out

Brand new twin air filter

I have also tested the resistance of the stator ignition coil and it is testing 302 ohms which I believe only from what the manual says is normal

Changed the main coil lead and spark plug cap and put a new plug in (BR8es) it still runs exactly the same

I tried discontecting the auto lube pump and ran it for a minute not long enough to cause any damage and it stopped smoking and but still ran the same that for me that ruled out the pump and the gearbox side crank seal

still going to compression test it but it feels fine to me

My last point that I have not tried is the carb, could the original carb (keihin pe28) be faulty or worn?

Or any other sujestions I'm close to giving up on this bike :sad:

Many thanks Chris
Jaguar
Supporting Member

Re: 89 Kdx 200 SR problems

Post by Jaguar »

god man look at the crankcase compression! I'll bet the seals are leaking
Performance CDI -- KDX motocross mods -- the SR KDX -- expansion chamber analysis---> http://www.dragonfly75.com/moto/