What should i replace????

Got questions? We got answers....
motorhed220

What should i replace????

Post by motorhed220 »

Hey guys its me again...this time im asking about replacments. Ive rode my bike for about 1/2 a season so it been worked in and pretty well ridden...It is TOTALLY BONE STOCK...i mean Nothing has been done to this...

so what i need help on is WHAT i should replace now for next season...the last thing i want is a blown up bike in the spring...all i have replaced are the plugs (one) and im running eights right now? is that good?? But anything i should focus on would be a GREAT help man THANX!!!!
Live to Ride, Ride to live!!!
Ryan
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Ryan »

get a fmf pipe and silencer, and get a weisco top end. If you want more power get power reeds or a dfIII or dfII
2001 kdx220

1987 honda xl250
KDX220PHIL
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by KDX220PHIL »

Aftermarket piston kit (piston, rings, pin, and bearing) + Top end gasket kit.

Clean and grease everything. Kawasaki does a poor job of greasing things.

BR8ES, thats what the manual calls for.

New tires, the stock dunlops are garbage, you will notice a tremendous difference in your riding with a new set of tires, I like the Dunlop D756 and Michelin S12 front or back. (Depends on your terrain)

When spring time comes make sure you jet your bike properly, it is generally jetted rich from the factory and it can make quite a mess and a nasty clean up throughout the exhaust system.

If you want your bike too last, focus on the first 2 above, I'm sure there are plenty of people on here that could add to this as well.