KIPs question

Got questions? We got answers....
rparrish08

Re: KIPs question

Post by rparrish08 »

You don't have to pull the whole engine, just the top end.
I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. 2 Timothy 4:7
ronopolis

Post by ronopolis »

PROBLEM SOLVED

I'll spare you the details, but I started thinking about friction points -- what could cause my KIPS to not go back to closed, given that the governor and "return" spring are good. Drum roll.....
See the little oil seal, 92049. It was not quite pushed in all the way. It was causing just enough friction with the gear to not allow it to return to close. I poked it in a bit further (we're talking millimeters at most) and now the KIPS system opens and more importantly closes properly.

Shout out to rparrish08 for keeping me thinking about friction.

I'm glad this is over, but since I'm new to this it was a little more than I wanted to dig into. On the other hand I have a deep F-ing understand of the KIPS governor. :wink:
rparrish08

Post by rparrish08 »

Good job man. Now think of the confidence you built working through the kips and right side cover components. You'll be tearing down and rebuilding engines in no time! :bravo: Don't forget to post a pic when you got her all back together.
I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. 2 Timothy 4:7
ronopolis

Post by ronopolis »

Yes, hopefully in a few days it will all be done. It should be a good before/after pictures. Then I get to actually learn how to ride. Woot.