Drive Chain *Simple Question*

Got questions? We got answers....
revin9

Post by revin9 »

Just throwing this out here, but I ordered a D.I.D Non O-ring chain, but should I have ordered an O-Ring chain? Thanks.
Corey

Re: Drive Chain *Simple Question*

Post by Corey »

The thing to consider about o-ring chains is that some are slightly wider than your existing chain and that opens up the possibility of scraping against the area of your engine case where the chain revolves around the countershaft. I've had that happen before. I replaced the stock o-ring chain on my KDX with a new one and went out for a very short ride with this thought in mind and to my horror I saw some slight scrap-age at that area. Fortunately it was very minor. Primarily because of that I don't do o-ring. You don't want to weaken that area of the case.
revin9

Post by revin9 »

Will do, Ill stick with a Non-O ring!
royadams
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by royadams »

I use a non oring chain as well. It's seems like the slightly wider chain rubs on the side of my chain guide and wears the master link clip. I lost one clip like that then replaced it a couple times a year until it was time for a new chain. New d.i.d. chain no trouble.
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by SS109 »

The possibility of rubbing the case is why I opt foran X-ring change. They are slightly narrower than an O-ring chain and last way longer than any non-ringed chain.
Youtube Channel: WildAzzRacing
AZ State Parks & Trails OHV Ambassador - Trail Riders of Southern AZ
Current KDX: '98 KDX220
Old KDX: '90 KDX200 -White/Blue
'11 GasGas EC250R