carb issues it seems..

Got questions? We got answers....
El Gran Jamon

carb issues it seems..

Post by El Gran Jamon »

Had a great day riding last Saturday on the kdx, all back together. Went to start it and no start at home. Only thing that happened was transport back home on a rack.

After some.monkeying around was able to start briefly by turning off the gas, holding the kill button on, kicking thru with throttle open, then turning fuel back on, kick it would run for a little bit, Rev up and down with throttle..then die. Repeated 2x.

My guess is something wrong with either float, float valve or idle jet? Carb has been fine for two rides, I just got bike put back together from top end and rb carb work.

Oh, also turned idle screw back to get it to start. Does not appear to be stuck float valve, no fuel spilling out overflow, tho full tank, and bike does have a fuel filter. Only thing I haven't tried is check fuel for water.

Thoughts? Am I close b4 I get in to surgery?
ohgood
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Re: carb issues it seems..

Post by ohgood »

dump the float bowl, check for fuel flow, change plugs.
Jaguar
Supporting Member

Re: carb issues it seems..

Post by Jaguar »

check and see that the idle jet isn't clogged
Performance CDI -- KDX motocross mods -- the SR KDX -- expansion chamber analysis---> http://www.dragonfly75.com/moto/
El Gran Jamon

carb issues it seems..

Post by El Gran Jamon »

Got it running, was clogged idle jet. Cleaned out, removed some water I found in float bowl. Ran fine up, down street. Tried to light it again, same thing. I just put on his and new filter before I ran it, so maybe hose had some minor dirt in it, frustrating! Noticed fuel pet cocktail valve leaking, gaskets gone...

Has rb mods..
Time to take apart again. Local dealer won't work on such an old bike..