Getting another one

Got questions? We got answers....
K87d94x

Getting another one

Post by K87d94x »

I am looking to get back into riding dirtbikes after about a 10 year hiatus . I am 6''1 and 260lbs I just want to basically play ride with the kids but also want to be able to get through the woods when I want to
My question is can I set a 200/220 up for me to ride or should I look at something else . I have owned a couple 200s in my youth and would say I am an ok rider but I just don't think I need a big bore 4 and am a 2 stroker at heart . Any help is appreciated .
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: Getting another one

Post by KDXGarage »

Welcome to the forums.

With the correct fork and shock springs for your weight, you will be fine.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
bultaco4ever
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by bultaco4ever »

I'm same height and even heavier. KDX is the perfect bike for riding as you described. Thumpers are too heavy and too hard and costly to work on. You'll !love it.
K87d94x

Getting another one

Post by K87d94x »

Thanks for the input guys ! Everyone else keep it coming I wanna hear what everyone has to say
K87d94x

Getting another one

Post by K87d94x »

Would you guys recommend the 220 over the 200 and what years are the best so to speak
Sullyfam
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Sullyfam »

I am not as big (5'10" @ 185), but agree that once the the bike is sprung for you it will work perfectly for what you want.

In terms of 200 vs. 220 I can't speak to the 220, but I have had a 200 and it was an absolute blast. Should have never sold it[emoji30]. I am a on the backside of my mid 40's and have been racing hare scrambles/enduro for the last 15yrs. I raced with a 450s down to a 200s and never felt the need for more power on the 200. The KDX200 was a very competitive bike once set up for the rider (like most bikes)

So for me, I wouldn't worry about displacement and just get the best deal you can find. I personally would focus on the latest model which is any year from 96 and up. From there it's condition over year IMO.

Best of luck and look forward to updates!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jsjamboree
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by jsjamboree »

I am 6' 220. I have an aftermarket springs front and rear, but it's great. It'll take a little tuning but you will be able to get it dialed in for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk