FMF Desert Installation

Got questions? We got answers....
Energy47

FMF Desert Installation

Post by Energy47 »

I had an FMF Woods Pipe and am replacing it with a Desert one. It won't line up with the mounting stud at the bottom. Has anyone else installed a Desert and had this problem? It comes close to the bottom stud, but the silencer end of the pipe is up against the airbox. It's a 1995. To get the airbox out, what is the process? I have the seat, rear fender, side covers already off. Thanks for any help!
6 Riders
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: FMF Desert Installation

Post by 6 Riders »

When fitting a new pipe, you MUST loosen all of the mounts, fit the pipe loose and then tighten everything up.
newbbewb wrote:^what he said.
masterblaster wrote:Man 6 riders you rock.
*side note...I'm drunk, so try to read what I'm trying to say, instead of what I actually type
Corey

Re: FMF Desert Installation

Post by Corey »

I bought a desert pipe and love it over my woods pipe. I didn't have any fitment issues. You couple that with the V Force reeds/block and the combo livens her up a bit. You will have to re-jet if you do the combo.
Energy47

FMF Desert Installation

Post by Energy47 »

Thanks for the help. I feel a little silly about not figuring it out (simple fix), but expected the pipe mounts to match so the silencer would also line up. Anyway, thanks again. It all fits great.