Rear skock Sag and Static Sag questions.

Got questions? We got answers....
jafo
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Rear skock Sag and Static Sag questions.

Post by jafo »

well I went ahead and adjusted the Race sag on my bike yesterday per the Team Green instructions. It was'nt to bad until it was time to adjust the Static Sag. Team Green recommends 100 mm race sag. I achieved that. It was when I went to adjust my static sag that I ran into a delima. They recommend 30-40mm static sag. I am at 19mm of static sag. according to the directions, my spring rate is to soft? I'm running the stock spring, and I weigh in around 215 lbs. without riding gear. I did wear boots, helmet and roost guard when setting the race sag also.

So what do you guys think? Try it like it is or lose weight and reset the race sag? ????????????? Any opinions?

Would the dampening settings have an effect on either sag measurments? I have mine set up pretty soft. I think it's around 7-8 (counterclockwise) clicks from "0" clicks meaning the screw is bottomed out (clockwise).
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

I think 19mm is fine.

Yep...at 215# on the stock (5.0kg/mm on an 'H' model) spring, you're real close to needing a 'bigger' spring.

I think the 30-40mm spec is a bit large.

3/4" (close) will work.

Neither clicker setting will effect sag to any meaningful degree...shouldn't effect it at all.

7-8 out from full in doesn't seem at all 'soft' to me, but that likely is the result of the 215 part... :wink:

BTW...you don't 'adjust' the static sag. It is what it is when the race sag is set correctly. The 'adjustment' to a bad static (free) sag figure involves 'adjusting' the old spring OUT and 'adjusting' a new (correct rate) spring IN.

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
jafo
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by jafo »

Thanks CC. Did I write adjust in there where It should have been the word measure? Man I need to slow down and take my time. sorry. I figured that out about the static sag after thinking about it for a few minutes.

Yeh I'm fat for sure. I wish I weighed what I did about 8 yrs. ago. Then the rear spring would be well within spec for my caboose. But unless I can find someone with a time machine, I'll have to take it off the same way everyone else does, eat more cookies. :supz: that'll work right? :lol:

Thanks again CC.

Jon.
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

I don't care that a word was missed or misstated...only that just maybe (from the use OF the word) there is some misunderstanding that is still looking for an answer.

Yep! Eat more cookies...wash 'em down with a good beer!!

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!