what kind of pipe guard should i get?

Got questions? We got answers....
the trail rider

what kind of pipe guard should i get?

Post by the trail rider »

i have a shop near me that has the msr pipe guard and i was wondering is this a good pipe guard and b if it is not what one should i get.
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

They work.... if you go through allot of vegetation, get something else... they like to grab it on the way through.....
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
the trail rider

Post by the trail rider »

cool thanks.
get a lift, fat chicks can't jump!

when in doubt gas it!
jafo
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by jafo »

I bought the one Freddette racing has. I've hit some pretty good size rocks with it and it's still in one piece and no dents in the pipe. It did have a weak spot after one big rock hit but nice thingis, they're easy to repair because they are fiberglass. They attach to the pipe via metal hose clamps. I like mine, have repaired it and repainted it black....... good as new. I got some glass resin and some glass matting from the local auto parts chain. Then it was just a simple process of layering the glass matting down. It's better now than when I first bought it. You can go to the link section of the site and look for Fredette racing and it will sendyou to the site, then click on catalog and then exhaust. If your interested.
layoutd

Post by layoutd »

i made my own from a fiberglass boat repair kit. made it very thick and is pretty strong. not exactly pretty, but it works and was less than $10. i think i got the instructions, idea from the just kdx site.
Eatin' ain't Cheatin'
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

I have one from Moose

It's taken some descent hits and been slid down a couple gravel roads
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS
GS

Post by GS »

OK...I can understand sliding down a gravel road...once, but sliding down a "couple" of gravel roads? I kinda took the lesson that hurt the first time and looked diligently for new ways to scrape skin off. Found a few too!
BTW, I have the same guard and it seems to work just fine :neutral: