Castor Oil and you...

Got questions? We got answers....
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Castor Oil and you...

Post by Indawoods »

Has anyone added castor oil to your synthetic oil to get that great smell? I have been thinking about trying it after checking to see if it will stay mixed.... I know... you may think I'm crazy but I LOVE that smell! :partyman:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
Colorado Mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Colorado Mike »

You're not crazy. I love that smell too. I wish they made aftershave that smelled like it. :supz:
Mike

Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid.
'04 KDX220
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

They got this stuff... but it's not the same... :sad:

http://www.daymotorsports.com/product/474/c/17/
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
GS

Post by GS »

Ya know...somthing about that smell just seems so RIGHT... kinda uplifting too. Always seemed like the real Pros used it. Wonder if I guy could maybe just put a little bit in...
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

That's what I was thinking. Castor likes to gum power valves so it's not good for people who don't tear down their bikes often, but I was thinking just a little bit added to the synth shouldn't hurt a thing...
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

KDXSean
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by KDXSean »

I use this stuff, ipone samourai racing

Smells pretty good

http://www.ipone.fr/1/1.2/index_produit.php?lang=2
fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by fuzzy »

The oil I run in my karts is made by a very famous kart engine builder (Kermit Buller). It's called Buller Blend, and I think it's basically redline synthetic w/ about 20% castor. The motors I run don't have power valves, and run at very high RPM so gum isn't an issue. At any rate, I think you wuold get away with that. Maybe like 5-10% of your oil as castor would be fine. I mean if you go to a harescramble you WILL smell castor so people do run the stuff in the woods. Granted a CR250 doen'st have the top-end life of a KDX, but I think you'd be fine. Would probably make a whole .2hp more on the top-end as well... :mrgreen:
'91 KDX 200 Project $300 KDX
'95 KDX 200 Project $600 KDX
'94 WR 250 Always a project
dave04kdx
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by dave04kdx »

I also love the smell of the castor. It reminds me of flying the U control model airplanes that I used to build and fly when I was a kid.

I ran the castor based oil in my 88 KDX for about a year. I stopped using it because like Inda said, " it gums power valves". I had to take the valves out of my 88 and clean them twice in that year. Man alive they were hard to get out. They were clean but stuck in the bores with some sticky crap! One time was spark plug crush gasket was bad and allowed some of the castor oil to get on the plug threads. It was hard to get the plug out because the threads were so sticky.

Where can you buy the straight castor oil?
At age 4 success is . . not peeing in your pants.
At age 12 success is . . having friends.
At age 16 success is having a drivers license.
At age 35 success is having money.
At age 50 success is . . having money.
At age 70 success is . . . having a drivers license.
At age 75 success is . having friends.
At age 80 success is . not peeing in your pants.
FLAKDX
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by FLAKDX »

Castor 927 or Blendzerall are both about 95% pure castor. I ran 927 for years in Jet Ski's, Dirt bikes, My old shifter kart. last time I tore down my KDX though I made the decision once and for all to switch to synthetics. Mobil 1 mx2t at that. Love the smell Hate the Goo castor produces.
03 220R