Bahahaha

Got questions? We got answers....
factoryX

Bahahaha

Post by factoryX »

So, finally felt bad enough to do the top end and bottom end on my 1996 KDX200 motor, popped the cylinder off, and there right before me, is an OEM Kawasaki piston. Nikasil is in decent shape, but holy #%@#, 20 year old piston and main bearings still kicking 150psi.
JFortner5
Supporting Member

Re: Bahahaha

Post by JFortner5 »

Lol, it's hard to beat a KDX. I bet it will run really nice after the rebuild.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Joey

2003 KDX 220R
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

Nice. Must have been well cared for. Are you going to stick with the factory nikasil?
factoryX

Post by factoryX »

I'm not sure, haven't gotten to it quite yet but if it cleans up good then yes. If not, then replate. I almost want to find another stock piston, Jesus. In the last few years of owning it, its both been babied and ran like a raped ape. Always ran 32:1.
thirdgenlxi
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Bahahaha

Post by thirdgenlxi »

Hahah honestly that really doesn't surprise me all too much with a KDX..... these things are damn tanks

I honestly don't think my 2000 200 has ever been apart or had a top end either..... it doesn't "look" like it's had a bolt turned on it. I've put somewhere around 250-260 hours since I bought it last March (I'm just over 95 hours right now on my trail tech, since October when I put it on), and I haven't done a damn thing to it other than a carb float valve. The guy I bought it from rode it for 2 years before that and also never did a thing to it. And it still runs like a top, plenty of power and starts first kick, hot or cold. I street ride it as well...... though doesn't show a whole lot of miles (just under 2000 since October when I put the trail tech on). Love this bike!! :grin:
factoryX

Post by factoryX »

Well I am planning on some ISDT racing, and since I am finishing up my hybrid the motor was the last thing to go through.
bone7615

Post by bone7615 »

Man I love these BIKES! I have a 96 200 I blew up a piston 2 years ago and even with all the shrapnel in the bottom end the crank was good. Every time I ride I try to blow the damn thing up and the harder and faster I ride the more the animal likes it. I love it so much I tore it down for the second year in a row and replaced everything "except for the piston because I don't have too!" I replaced every bolt in the bike with fresh shiny new ones, new radiator just because it was pretty and shiny, fresh paint from top to bottom, new rubber of course, custom made led light kit along with the brand new electrical system, brake and clutch levers , new seat cover, sprockets/chain, brakes, rear wheel, and the best part I sent my carb to Ron Black for him to work his magic on. I did it all out of love. I will post pics when its done. KDX FOR LIFE!!!
If you had a choice to date supermodels for the rest of your life or ride dirt bikes, would you choose a 2-stroke or a 4-stroke?
factoryX

Post by factoryX »

I was debating about doing RB carb mod, but with my hybrid I went with a 98 kx125 36mm carb instead, which allowed me to use the much larger cr250 air boot/air box combo. That with a Boyesen Rad Valve, and it runs insane. Once I'm done, will totally post pics.
bone7615

Post by bone7615 »

That sounds sweet! I was thinking about getting that Rad Valve system. I have boyesen power reeds with a moose torque Spacer. I'm really interested in the v-force system also. But my set up rips pretty good right now, after this carb mod it should hit like crazy. I have a buddy with a YFZ 250 that's built like crazy, "stupid 4 stroke" he had me beat last season. I talked myself out of putting a bullet through my head but I don't think I can lose to that stupid sounding thing again. So when the thaw comes its game time. My bike is really turning out great, by far my best work yet. Hopefully I can send that skinny prick home a loser. Plus more than 2 strokes and your just playing with it.
If you had a choice to date supermodels for the rest of your life or ride dirt bikes, would you choose a 2-stroke or a 4-stroke?
ohgood
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by ohgood »

factoryX wrote:Well I am planning on some ISDT racing, and since I am finishing up my hybrid the motor was the last thing to go through.
woof, isd ? that's nuts. good luck man, eat your wheaties !!!

(and get some video of the events)
Friedom
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by Friedom »

The KDX isn't made for ISD.

ISD is made for the KDX.

Own it factoryX.

Fun Wheel Drive