Tell me how a KDX is better than a KX/KDX hybrid!

Got questions? We got answers....
19Delta
Supporting Member

Post by 19Delta »

I have an ALL stock 03 KDX 200. Love the engine! My son is taking that bike, and I'm getting a second one. I rode a KTM thru the woods, and loved the suspension (and Rekluse clutch). So I've been reading and hunting for a KX/KDX hybrid. I'm curious where the KDX out shines the hybrid? Maybe I should just buy a second KDX and put USD forks on it?

I'm an intermediate rider, and will trail ride for fun, and probably ride a few enduros a year. Most of my time is spent riding trials. (Love my beta evo!)

Thanks for any and all input!
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: Tell me how a KDX is better than a KX/KDX hybrid!

Post by Julien D »

I think the only place a stock 200 / 220 outshines is in comfort. For fun every day trail riding they are plush, smooth, and capable. you can easily pull a 8+ hour ride day and still feel like riding on. If you want something more intense, a hybrid would be killer.
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by SS109 »

Ah, I think it also shines when things get tight. The KDX being a shorter wheelbase can turn tighter than any KX. Add in the comfort factor, and upgraded suspension, and you have a bike that's great for all day, tight, technical riding.
Youtube Channel: WildAzzRacing
AZ State Parks & Trails OHV Ambassador - Trail Riders of Southern AZ
Current KDX: '98 KDX220
Old KDX: '90 KDX200 -White/Blue
'11 GasGas EC250R
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

Good points. I approve of this message. I want a hybrid, but I'm not willing to give up my e series tank to get it. it would have to be an addition.
19Delta
Supporting Member

Post by 19Delta »

Great points guys! Maybe I'll just look for another KDX. Funny you say the KDX turns sharper, as I think it's turning radius SUCKS! I can ride my trials bike in tiny circles around a KDX! But obviously, the KDX outshine my trials bike HUGE on any single track. :-)

Keep the KDX highlights coming! Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk