99 kdx 200 cylinder leaking

Got questions? We got answers....
Chilly

Re: 99 kdx 200 cylinder leaking

Post by Chilly »

No i aint looked at the jetting yet. The guy I bought it from put new jets in it and It was running fine on 50:1. When I got the bike home I lost my top end. This is what made me rebuild the top end. So Im going to put everything back together and fire it up. Then i will see if i need to mess with the carb. Im hoping not because Im ready to ride. This weekend will be in the 60's and its going to kill me if I have to work on it instead of being on it.
Tedh98
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Tedh98 »

Chilly wrote:No i aint looked at the jetting yet. The guy I bought it from put new jets in it and It was running fine on 50:1. When I got the bike home I lost my top end.
Why did he need to put in new jets?

What exactly happened to the top end?
Chilly

Post by Chilly »

The guy I bought it from let it sit in his garage for 2 years, not sure why he messed with the jetting. My guess is that it maybe sat to long and gummed up but I test drove it and it ran well. When I got it home and rode it around for about 30 minutes really getting on it my top end power went to hell. Low end power was great. So I joined this site and started reading on the problem. I tore the cylinder out and the piston was shot cylinder was not in the best shape, so that's when I sent everything to my Kawi dealer and let them do all the work. They called me and told me my kips have 2 broken parts and that's why my top end went to hell. Where it sat for so long and the kips were never cleaned in the bikes life the kips couldn't operate properly so it failed. The top end was completely original. Surprised it lasted as long as it did.