Just bought, low cokpression, questions

Got questions? We got answers....
Chilly

Re: Just bought, low cokpression, questions

Post by Chilly »

If you need kips parts go to www.rockymountainatv.com and go to the OEM page and it will give you a list of schematics. Pick the cylinder schematic and you can order the pieces you need without buying the whole kit. 2 small pieces cost me 130. I couldn't imagine what the kit would run. I spent 208.00 on new reeds piston kit and gasket set. I would just replace the broken parts and clean the others really well. Everything came from the website I mentioned. That gasket set will include the gaskets and I rings for your kips. Hope this helps.
El Gran Jamon

Post by El Gran Jamon »

Thanks,
I'll check it out . Was under the impression kawasaki stopped making these parts. .so logic was if the bpk parts solve all problems, would be worth it to buy and be done instead of fix now factory parts that break and then later be in a world of hurt looking for parts that dried up.

Thanks,
Tedh98
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Tedh98 »

El Gran Jamon wrote:Was under the impression kawasaki stopped making these parts.
You are correct. Unless you get lucky and find some NOS valves, those steel ones are your only option for new valves.