KDX Spare Parts (1989) Uk

Got questions? We got answers....
richardkdx

KDX Spare Parts (1989) Uk

Post by richardkdx »

Hi Everyone
I have a very tidy 1989 200 which has been laid up for the last five years. Before being laid up it was working really well. I am keen to get it back out there but want to ensure everything is working well first. I have three main lines of thought that you may be able to help me with.

1: What checks would you suggest in this instance ?

2: Are parts still available for these bikes ? I have done some basic research on the web and the parts situation seems 'sketchy' although it seems there are plenty still out there wizzing about so there must be some stock available. I am in the UK but would not have a problem getting parts posted over here from the USA if that is the solution. Luckily I do not need anything other than consumables right now (cables, brake pads etc) but realise that will soon change once I get her back out there.

3: Are there any upgrades over standard that you would advise. I accept that the joy of these bikes is their basic simplicity but there may be a few items that work a bit better.

Any help would be much appreciated as I would love to be able to keep this bike up to scratch and out where it belongs. Richard