KDX reed valves help

Got questions? We got answers....
luisrspereira

KDX reed valves help

Post by luisrspereira »

I'm dilemma that reed valves must buy , here in Europe have two options for a brand: stage 1 and stage 2. The first is in carbon fiber that offers good performance in almost all rotations , the stage 2 is more sensitive it does have a better engine response and acceleration . who i should buy??

Use the bike for enduro much of the time .

Unfortunately, Boyesen is hard to find around here and a lot of expensive.
bradf
Gold Member
Gold Member

KDX reed valves help

Post by bradf »

If you can't get the V-Force 3 or the Boyesen the get what best suits your riding style. If on your trails you are always off the gas then back on then off...then you can be prone to wheel spin in wet conditions especially if you are in 1st gear. (this is where the RB carb SSS tractor like ability shines). How you use the clutch is another huge factor in less than ideal traction conditions.

Quicker response is good. But sometimes that also means less life expectancy. The reeds are just a small part of the overall performance.
'04 220 w/'01 KX250 USD forks, '02 RM125 Showa shock, Rekluse EXP 3.0, LHRB & all RB'd
Jaguar
Supporting Member

Re: KDX reed valves help

Post by Jaguar »

get the two stage reeds for enduro
Performance CDI -- KDX motocross mods -- the SR KDX -- expansion chamber analysis---> http://www.dragonfly75.com/moto/
ced64k
Supporting Member

Re: KDX reed valves help

Post by ced64k »

Keep your money and save for the rb designs mod :) Because reed valves gain is limited.
Btw Boyensen and VForce are available on eBay.
Tioli
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

KDX reed valves help

Post by Tioli »

All the suggestions are better than mine as I was just thinking you have answered your own question.
2001 KX125 with a 1997 KDX Tioli Hp motor

My KDX journey starts at the bottom of this page:
http://www.trials.com.au/forum/viewtopi ... &start=160

Trials.com.au / Forum / All about...me! / My long time friend the prancing horse / page 9