Brake light

Got questions? We got answers....
dualscotty

Brake light

Post by dualscotty »

Hi there. I am hooking up brake light on my stock 98 kdx 200. I want to use stock wiring. No battery. Can my stock system support a under the fender mount led type light. Also can it support my stock tail light with a led bulb replacement.i will be using the hydraulic switch type off mr brake line. Thanks
dualscotty

Re: Brake light

Post by dualscotty »

Forgot to mention this I could go this way. Meier mx rear fender with led under the fender tail brake light. Or. My stock fender and stock light and socket but with a led replacement. Thanks. Any used a under the fender led light like the ones you can get on Amazon.
dualscotty

Post by dualscotty »

I mean has any one ever used one like you can get from amazon
B737driver
Gold Member
Gold Member

Brake light

Post by B737driver »

I just installed an under the fender led taillight on my bike. Got it off of ebay. It comes with three wires (running light, brake light, and ground) I only connected the running light, as I do not have a brake light switch and don't really need it. I'm certain that there is information on here detailing how to.... and what you need. Try the search function. Good luck
Live to Fly
Fly to Live
B737driver
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by B737driver »

Here is what it looks like. It's a hybrid, but should work on the Maier fender as well. Image
Live to Fly
Fly to Live
6 Riders
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by 6 Riders »

Yes you can do this. I have a Tusk under fender tail/brake light on one bike and an incandescent #1157 bulb in the stock KDX housing on another. You can also use an 1157 LED bulb in the stock light housing. You'll need a new socket from the parts store. I'd like to mention that LED bulbs don't look all that great under a lens.
For the 1157; You will run power from the main harness to the brake light switch, then from the switch to brake light wire. Leave the stock wiring as is.
For an under fender LED, power to switch, switch to brake light wire, power to tail light wire, ground to ground.
A KDX can easily power this set up as long as you are only running a 30 watt headlight.
newbbewb wrote:^what he said.
masterblaster wrote:Man 6 riders you rock.
*side note...I'm drunk, so try to read what I'm trying to say, instead of what I actually type
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Brake light

Post by SS109 »

Yep, it can. I ran two 1157 LED bulbs (only way it was bright enough) under the stock lens on my '90 when I had it street legal. I later used the Tusk combo light/plate setup and worked a lot better.
Youtube Channel: WildAzzRacing
AZ State Parks & Trails OHV Ambassador - Trail Riders of Southern AZ
Current KDX: '98 KDX220
Old KDX: '90 KDX200 -White/Blue
'11 GasGas EC250R
dualscotty

Post by dualscotty »

Thanks for the instructions 6 riders sounds pretty easy. Thanks for the pic as well that is how I want my kdx to look like(a little more modern).nice bike you got there.
dualscotty

Post by dualscotty »

And yes I am running a stock 30 watt head light