Clutch Adjustment.

Got questions? We got answers....
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

I'd go with what someone else has used and says is peaches. :wink:
NM KDX200 wrote:My bike used to creep with the lever in, but I got an MRS Raptor and it pulls more cable- problem solved.
Of course, pulling more cable will further scrunch the clutch springs. I don't know what the coil bind spec is on the KDX. I'm saying 'more' is not always 'better'. The noted lever evidently doesn't have that problem...so...peaches!

Taking notches out helps..give the plates someplace to move TO when the pressure is off.

The KDX commonly has some creep problems. Engine off and in gear, pull the clutch and try to push it. Ugh!!

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
NM_KDX200

Post by NM_KDX200 »

Well, let's put it this way- I ASSUME it pulls more cable. All I can tell you for sure is that I can pull the clutch lever in and the bike doesn't creep. At that harescramble, the start was a "face the rear of the bike" thing. I clicked it into 1st, held the lever, and let the bike idle. Then when the starter dropped the flag, I grabbed the throttle, slipped the clutch and was gone. Also, just because I CAN pull it in all the way doesn't mean I do it all the time- only when I really need to, like when I'm in big rocks and come to a stop.

Anyway, I'm really happy with the MSR Raptors. Have one my KX, too.
1999 KDX 200
2001 KDX 220
2002 RM 134
2004 KX 125