E and H series rear wheels

Got questions? We got answers....
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by SS109 »

Can anyone tell me if the wheels between these two can be swapped? I'm pretty sure they can but want to confirm before I go through the trouble of swapping them.
Youtube Channel: WildAzzRacing
AZ State Parks & Trails OHV Ambassador - Trail Riders of Southern AZ
Current KDX: '98 KDX220
Old KDX: '90 KDX200 -White/Blue
'11 GasGas EC250R
6 Riders
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: E and H series rear wheels

Post by 6 Riders »

I swap between my 93 & 95. You have to buy rotors for the correct year wheel though.
newbbewb wrote:^what he said.
masterblaster wrote:Man 6 riders you rock.
*side note...I'm drunk, so try to read what I'm trying to say, instead of what I actually type
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by SS109 »

Cool. I still have my Warp 9 rims from my '90 and was wanting to just use the rear as is on my '98. So, only the rotor bolt pattern is different. Good to know.
'11 GasGas EC250R
6 Riders
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: E and H series rear wheels

Post by 6 Riders »

It's not the bolt pattern, it's the size of the bolts. But yeah, otherwise it's pretty straight across swap
*side note...I'm drunk, so try to read what I'm trying to say, instead of what I actually type
ohgood
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by ohgood »

SS109 wrote:Cool. I still have my Warp 9 rims from my '90 and was wanting to just use the rear as is on my '98. So, only the rotor bolt pattern is different. Good to know.
tap the E rotor pattern for the H rotor bolts, then you can buy the H rotor for either.

I did this on my E wheel and have been running it this way for a few thousand miles.

oh, I see 6riders already said this. OK, well. :-)
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by SS109 »

Still good to hear it. Thanks gentlemen! :supz:
'11 GasGas EC250R
pumpguy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by pumpguy »

I'm in the same situation, and recently picked up a complete rear wheel assembly from an E series for use as a spare for my H. Did this after comparing the hubs for both E and H and seeing they are the same part number.

I haven't tried fitting the E wheel on my H, thought they would go straight in, but after reading this thread, maybe not so sure now. Is there a difference between the E and H rotor that would prevent the E rotor from being used with the H caliper? I know, I could just try and see what happens, but not able to do that right now.
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by SS109 »

pumpguy wrote:I'm in the same situation, and recently picked up a complete rear wheel assembly from an E series for use as a spare for my H. Did this after comparing the hubs for both E and H and seeing they are the same part number.

I haven't tried fitting the E wheel on my H, thought they would go straight in, but after reading this thread, maybe not so sure now. Is there a difference between the E and H rotor that would prevent the E rotor from being used with the H caliper? I know, I could just try and see what happens, but not able to do that right now.
From what I gather only the bolt size on the brake rotor are different. Anyway, I'll confirm one way or the other either tonight or tomorrow!
'11 GasGas EC250R
6 Riders
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by 6 Riders »

pumpguy wrote:I'm in the same situation, and recently picked up a complete rear wheel assembly from an E series for use as a spare for my H. Did this after comparing the hubs for both E and H and seeing they are the same part number.

It'll bolt right up. IF you need a new rear rotor, then you will need to order a rotor for the E hub, or drill and tap the holes to accept 8MM bolts (E series use 6MM bolts).
pumpguy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by pumpguy »

Thanks for the clarification. I'm sure this will be useful information to others as well.