Best Clutch Kit - '97 200

Got questions? We got answers....
MistrRoboto

Post by MistrRoboto »

Hey fellas,

Is there an agreed upon best clutch kit for a '97 KDX200? Starting to slip like crazy, have a feeling the plates, which are stock, are probably all but gone.

Thanks!
Jim
cornishwrecker220

Post by cornishwrecker220 »

Mitaka do a complete clutch kit ...plates , springs etc & they are well priced.... If you want a uprated kit then I don't think you can beat the Barnett dirt digger kit ...Kevlar clutch , HD springs etc ... This is what I run on my modded 220 & it works great ! :supz:
TheRadBaron
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Re: Best Clutch Kit - '97 200

Post by TheRadBaron »

I just installed a EBC Dirt Racer clutch kit in my '89. It included HD springs as well. They did slightly increase the clutch lever pull but I have a few good mods done to the motor and I figure upgraded springs are probably a good idea. For a stock bike I might keep the stock springs.
I also installed a Pro-X billet basket at the same time. Needless to say, my clutch is much nicer now than it was.
MistrRoboto

Post by MistrRoboto »

Thanks for the recommendations. EBC kit seems more readily available in the US than Mitaka so I'll likely go that route.

-Jim
rehammer81

Post by rehammer81 »

MistrRoboto wrote:Thanks for the recommendations. EBC kit seems more readily available in the US than Mitaka so I'll likely go that route.

-Jim
Did you go with the EBC kit? Did it come with the heavy duty springs. Did it work with the springs. I'm trying to put an EBC kit in a 97' 220 and the springs don't seem right. Once torqued down the coils are completely compressed. It doesn't seem like clutch would even operate correctly since there is no additional room to compress.