Kips rattle... Hopefully!

Got questions? We got answers....
6 Riders
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by 6 Riders »

rparrish08 wrote:Thanks man I'll try ATF, do you run a full quart?
No, I use 800ml. Not so "save money" but that is where all 3 of my DXs seem to like the oil level. No blow out or anything at that level. My 93 will blow every drop over 800ml out the vent tube, the 95 shifts funky with more and the 220...well, with that one i just went 800ml because of the other 2 bikes.
newbbewb wrote:^what he said.
masterblaster wrote:Man 6 riders you rock.
*side note...I'm drunk, so try to read what I'm trying to say, instead of what I actually type
rparrish08

Post by rparrish08 »

Hey guys, I know its been a couple months but I thought I'd follow up. I ended up rebuilding the engine top to bottom. Turns out I had a lower con rod bearing going bad. I caught it just in time so my cylinder and head survived. After rebuilding the crank, new bearings, gasket kit and piston kit I was only out a few hundred bucks. First time splitting a case but it wasn't as bad as I thought. I've got about 5 hrs on the rebuild and she runs flawlessly. This site was frequently used as a resource during the build so I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who post on kdxrider :bravo:
I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. 2 Timothy 4:7