Carb slide

Got questions? We got answers....
ArkAngel

Carb slide

Post by ArkAngel »

Hi Guys,

I got a question about my carb slider.
I got a new accelerator cable and installed it, but for some reason the carb slide does not want to close fully.. is this normal? i put 2 pics below. one with cable still not connected to the throttle and one with it connect and everything screwed in.

Closed with cable not connected

This is with cable connected

KDX 200
KDX 250
KDXrider1989

Re: Carb slide

Post by KDXrider1989 »

allow for more slack in the cable, usually there's an in-line adjuster or just use the ones at the top of the carb cap and on the throttle housing. Also make sure your slide isnt in backwards, theres a big slot on the side for your idle adjustment and a smaller one for the slide guide
ArkAngel

Post by ArkAngel »

KDXrider1989 wrote:allow for more slack in the cable, usually there's an in-line adjuster or just use the ones at the top of the carb cap and on the throttle housing. Also make sure your slide isnt in backwards, theres a big slot on the side for your idle adjustment and a smaller one for the slide guide
I already made sure both my adjusters are all the way in. Do you think the i could have received the incorrect cable?
I thought the slide can only go in one way. Its curved on one side and does let me put it in the other way.
KDX 200
KDX 250
KDXrider1989

Post by KDXrider1989 »

oh, well in that case it could be a possibility that your cable free end length is too short. compare it with the cable that originally came off, if its still around
6 Riders
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by 6 Riders »

What's an "Accelerator" cable??
newbbewb wrote:^what he said.
masterblaster wrote:Man 6 riders you rock.
*side note...I'm drunk, so try to read what I'm trying to say, instead of what I actually type
ArkAngel

Post by ArkAngel »

@KDXrider1989.. Thats what i thought. Thanks man.

@6 Riders, its what we call in South Africa, a cable that is connecting the throttle to the carb. LOL
https://www.google.co.za/search?q=Accel ... 3&ie=UTF-8
KDX 200
KDX 250
jimmyjamez1212

Carb slide

Post by jimmyjamez1212 »

It's not supposed to. You still need air to get through for it to idle. You're fine.
Tioli
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Carb slide

Post by Tioli »

I could be wrong but i think I remember the brass finger adjuster beeing on the cable side of the metal curved tube that runs into the top of the slide cap?
2001 KX125 with a 1997 KDX Tioli Hp motor

My KDX journey starts at the bottom of this page:
http://www.trials.com.au/forum/viewtopi ... &start=160

Trials.com.au / Forum / All about...me! / My long time friend the prancing horse / page 9