No power... KIPS issue???? 2004 KDX220 Please HELP!

Got questions? We got answers....
Letsgofast

Re: No power... KIPS issue???? 2004 KDX220 Please HELP!

Post by Letsgofast »

Is the photo above correct or incorrect? I followed the manual and it runs much better now.
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

Can't tell. If you took the same picture with the valves held open then we could see if they are right or backwards.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

It's been six years since I did my top end (yeah, I know, it really needs to be done again) but I'm sure I remember the manual being wrong. If you assemble them both ways (switching the right and left subvalves side-to-side) it'll be pretty obvious which is the correct way to do it. The angle of the subvalve should follow the contour of the cylinder.
Letsgofast

Post by Letsgofast »

Jim B wrote:It's been six years since I did my top end (yeah, I know, it really needs to be done again) but I'm sure I remember the manual being wrong. If you assemble them both ways (switching the right and left subvalves side-to-side) it'll be pretty obvious which is the correct way to do it. The angle of the subvalve should follow the contour of the cylinder.
I got it right then! And besides that, it ran like crap before. It runs great now.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Letsgofast wrote:I got it right then! And besides that, it ran like crap before. It runs great now.
Mine were installed wrong when I bought the bike; I don't remember it running bad because of it.