KDX 200 won't idle when upright

Got questions? We got answers....
MistrRoboto

Post by MistrRoboto »

Hey fellas,

Odd issue that has persisted for a while and bugging the hell out of me. Bike kicks on the first start, idles a bit high as it warms, then back off to normal idle (when on the kick stand tilted over). I go ride it around to warm her up and it goes fine, but as I come to a stop, it starts to die immediately. If I put it back on the side stand, it instantly idles high again and stays there. Tilt back upright, idle slows and normally it dies.

What can cause this? I checked the float and used the "level" method outlined in the link I have seen around here. Also measured it and its basically on the mark +/- 1mm.

Thanks!
Jim
6 Riders
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: KDX 200 won't idle when upright

Post by 6 Riders »

Carb, Petcock, fuel line, vent line (on Gas cap), gas cap, crud in tank.
newbbewb wrote:^what he said.
masterblaster wrote:Man 6 riders you rock.
*side note...I'm drunk, so try to read what I'm trying to say, instead of what I actually type
MistrRoboto

Re: KDX 200 won't idle when upright

Post by MistrRoboto »

Lol crap. I was hoping for an easy answer... Brother is riding it next weekend.
MistrRoboto

Post by MistrRoboto »

Startling discovery! The float bowls were not even. Looks like one might have been bent a bit when I was adjusting the tang a while back. So when up righted, maybe that far side float was too low and cut gas early? I'm hopeful! It's all I could find in there. Going to test her out this evening.