Kdx 200 upgrades for this winter

Got questions? We got answers....
dualscotty

Kdx 200 upgrades for this winter

Post by dualscotty »

Hi there. So I have a cracked rear fender on my 98 kdx 200 I would like to replace it with a mc style fender. Also I need to put a led tail/brake light on it because it is played. I also need new bars currently I have 7/8" bars. Should I upgrade to 1 1/8" bars or not. Adding bar risers as well. I see tusk offers bar risers that are pretty much spacers Are these any good or is there something better out there. And a new chain as well. O ring chain or non o ring chain. My old fender has the stock light wich works just want something sleeker in appearance like a mc style fender with smaller led light. A little more modern. Thanks guys have a great day
dualscotty

Re: Kdx 200 upgrades for this winter

Post by dualscotty »

Stupid spell check by mc I mean mx. And played. I meant plated.
KDXrider1989

Post by KDXrider1989 »

I have fat bars on my KDX, I like 'em, pretty much indestructible... I think most people here prefer the Tusk risers. Definitely get a good quality O-ring chain, maybe even both sprockets while you're at it
6 Riders
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by 6 Riders »

What year bike?
If you want risers AND fat bars, use a universal adapter for the bars. This will give you 3/4 inch rise (they're bolted to the top of the current bar clamp) and a higher rise bar. The Tusk stuff is just fine. O-ring chain and steel sprockets front and rear. Tusk has a under fender mounted tail light that is fairly cheap.
newbbewb wrote:^what he said.
masterblaster wrote:Man 6 riders you rock.
*side note...I'm drunk, so try to read what I'm trying to say, instead of what I actually type
dualscotty

Post by dualscotty »

Thanks Yes thank you definitely new sprockets with chain as well. Dropping a tooth on the front for a little more bottom end as well. Is there a riser that both rises and adapts to the larger bars.
dualscotty

Post by dualscotty »

My front sprocket is a 13 tooth Can I drop it down to a 12 tooth for a little more bottom end?
6 Riders
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by 6 Riders »

dualscotty wrote:My front sprocket is a 13 tooth Can I drop it down to a 12 tooth for a little more bottom end?
I personally wouldn't recommend this as the chain has a pretty tight circle to make around the 12 tooth sprockets. Stay with the 13 tooth front and gear this way; Each tooth on the front is 3 on the rear. So 13/50 would be what you are looking at. If you want to go taller, then jump up on the front to a 14 tooth.
It is more expensive to swap rears, but the gearing can be so much more precise.
newbbewb wrote:^what he said.
masterblaster wrote:Man 6 riders you rock.
*side note...I'm drunk, so try to read what I'm trying to say, instead of what I actually type
dualscotty

Post by dualscotty »

Thank you very much. I was doing a little research last night and saw many suggestions exactly like yours. Thanks again