new to me 00 220 jetting questions

Got questions? We got answers....
surforturf

Post by surforturf »

just picked up a nj street titled 2000 220. everything motor checks out and i fixed all of the little wrongs from the last owner and set it up nice. i just put on a used fmf fatty pipe, isde arrestor new air filter. what basic jetting should i run..main, pilot and needle position. don't wish to make this a giant project, just don't want it to seize or continually foul plugs - klotz r50 at 32/1 with pump premium. a middle of the road jetting point would be helpful. this thing smokes a lot….lol...thanks guys, rick.
cornishwrecker220

Post by cornishwrecker220 »

Basic guide I would start at.... 42 pilot, ...148 main...needle in the 3rd from top position ..air screw 1.5 turns out....keep the airbox lid on & just remove the snorkel for the 220

Depending on where you ride you can lean the jetting slightly .....32.1 is fine but 40.1 is the norm plus its easier to calculate when out doing fuel stops...but this is up to you.....I run 40.1 in my 220 with no problem at all.
If you find the bike a little blubbery in the mid range then move the needle to position 2 from the top......if still blubbery then go down to a 145 main jet & try that.