Rear brake line routing?

Got questions? We got answers....
TheRadBaron
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Rear brake line routing?

Post by TheRadBaron »

I've been running a worn out rear brake line from some different bike on my '89 KDX200. I just bought a Russel brake line that's listed as fitting the '93-'03 KDX200. This is a bit strange since the '89-'94 all used the same line and the '95 and up used a different one. I figured that it was worth a shot but now I can't really see how it's supposed to route at the master cylinder and I can't find any pictures anywhere.
The only way that it seems like it would fit and work correctly is if I were to cut off the protrusion from the top of the master cylinder that serves to prevent the banjo fitting from rotating. Looking at the parts fiche it looks like the H-series master cylinder had a different configuration so maybe this is really an H-series hose.
I'm really just curious to see how the rear brake like is supposed to be routed on the E-series. It would be great if someone could post a picture of the routing. Thanks.
Sullyfam
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Rear brake line routing?

Post by Sullyfam »

Whatever line you bought it SHOULD NOT require cutting anything off your master cylinder. Brakes line are not supposed to be complicated. You bought the wrong line it seems and you need to exchange if possible and re-order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
6 Riders
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by 6 Riders »

I Had this problem. You have a 95 and up brake line. They only way to get an E Series brake line is to have one made.
newbbewb wrote:^what he said.
masterblaster wrote:Man 6 riders you rock.
*side note...I'm drunk, so try to read what I'm trying to say, instead of what I actually type
TheRadBaron
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Rear brake line routing?

Post by TheRadBaron »

Alright. That's kind of what I was figuring. I'll probably cut off that tab so this one will work. I know that will make some people cringe but I need to get this thing back together so I can ride. I'll safety wire the banjo so it can't loosen. I used to be an aircraft mechanic so I'm pretty good with safety wire.
I'd still like to see a picture of the routing if someone could post one up.
6 Riders
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by 6 Riders »

The routing is almost identical to the H. The difference is the bends in the ends of the brake line.....IIRC the E's have exactly opposite bends at caliper end.
I guess a cure for this would be to switch over to H series parts....You might only need the caliper.
*side note...I'm drunk, so try to read what I'm trying to say, instead of what I actually type
pumpguy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Rear brake line routing?

Post by pumpguy »

Hey Rad, check your PMs. I think I have what you need.
6 Riders
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by 6 Riders »

Found this...price is about right and it lists the correct years....http://www.ebay.com/itm/KAWASAKI-KDX200 ... c6&vxp=mtr