Mod Ban on DRN?

Got questions? We got answers....
bradf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Mod Ban on DRN?

Post by bradf »

I am curious on how you all got banned. I have read most all your posts over there and have not seen anything that would be in bad taste or against the "rules". Have your "bad" posts been deleted and that's why I can't see them? Is this an issue of a competing web site?
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

DRN deletes anything they don't like... including you. It doesn't matter if it's bad or not. Just the way it is.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

I got banned for being a smartass and for having a sense of HUMOR!

OKIE, THIS ONES FOR YOU! :butthead:
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS
jafo
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by jafo »

I've ran into moderators like those. You can't do anything fun or If you post something in the wrong part of the forum it's all over. I think some moderaters can get carried away sometimes, a powertrip or something.

Jon
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

I got banned becuase I started to post here, Okie found out and then I was gone!!!! I never said a bad word over there about anyone, HONEST!!!!!
Well, the only thing I can think of for my banishment is that I asked Okie why he allows folks to mention other specialty sites for riders like KTMtalk but was editing posts that mentioned this site, Woodsrider. I even linked a thread on his site where he himself said that it was fine as long as spamming wasn't going on.
The thing about Okie is; he's a megalomaniac. (did I spell that right Reth?) He's GOT to surround himself with people who constantly praise him. Anyone who questions anything and I do mean anything about him will find themselves also banned.
Tell ya what, put up a post over there asking what happened to Wibby, Skipro3, Canyncarvr, or Rethnal and see how long the post even exists. Post it a second time and you too will be banned. If he does answer you ask him to be specific as to the transgressions we committed.
Now see what you've gone and done? You got me all fired up!!! :razz: :twisted:
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
89kdx200rdr
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by 89kdx200rdr »

whats up with all the honda and ktm riders in the other forum? i thought it was for kdx riders. something is wrong when the moderator of a kdx forum rides a honda.
1989 KDX 200
2003 KX 250
2006 KX 250F
dave04kdx
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by dave04kdx »

I have visited DRN maybe a half a dozen times since this site was announced. Every time I found a post where OKIE was ripping on someone for some stupid reason. In one post the guy apologized and the "Moderator" just kept up the smart ass replies. :mad: What a guy. He does it just because he can. Its kind of like the oil corporations raising prices for no reason, just because they can!

Indawoods has done a superb job on this site. I look forward to the day when I have some more time to get involved with this site

David
At age 4 success is . . not peeing in your pants.
At age 12 success is . . having friends.
At age 16 success is having a drivers license.
At age 35 success is having money.
At age 50 success is . . having money.
At age 70 success is . . . having a drivers license.
At age 75 success is . having friends.
At age 80 success is . not peeing in your pants.
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Thanks Dave! You gave me a warm and fuzzy inside.... Wait a minute... that was just some bad chili! :shock: :lol:

No really... thanks guys... you make this site worth doing and I appreciate all the support you give me.
Indawoods :wink:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
wanaride
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by wanaride »

Yeah man, this site rocks and will be my primary KDX source from hence forth...
I love someone with autism!

2006 KTM 250XCW
2003 KDX200
2006 CRF70
2006 KTM 50 Mini Adventure
bradf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by bradf »

As long as Ski and CC post here, this will be the KDX forum of choice.
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

What about poor ol' Wibby?! :partyman:
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Say Wib, pick a date or choice of dates for me and Doug to come up and go ridin'. I don't want to miss seeing you this time!
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Mr. Wibbens wrote:What about poor ol' Wibby?! :partyman:
And the biggest troublemaker of them all... Rethnal! :supz:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Where's my ten foot pole? I have been meaning to respond. :-)
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

I think if you don't ride your green bike for over two months (the weather being perfect)...you cannot consider yourself a rider anymore.

There's a rule like that somewhere, right?

???? Wibby's pickin' the dates?

Gee...guess I'm not invited... :cry:

Last weekend was good!

BTW...I haven't looked...but Okie is now the moderator on the DRN KDX site? CDave doesn't come 'round there very often anymore, but I hadn't noticed him not being listed as the moderator.

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

Green bike is still broke :cry:

And I'm too broke to fix it :cry:

And I don't feel like freezing my arse off working on it under the carport :cry:

Plus my neck and back are still screwed up from the last time I rode it :cry:

And last but not least on my ONE day off a week when the choice is ride somewhere in the freezing arse cold or spend time with my female friend someplace warm and cozy....

Well, you get the picture! :grin:

I rode Sunday on my thumper, even had my saddlebags on!
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

LOL!
I just KNEW that would get a rise out of you Brad. Since it's your mountain, of course you have final say. (again, a joke!) I'm off all next week. I'll be back from Sandy Eggo Sunday night. Doesn't have to be next week or even next month. Just let me know and I'll find a way to get out of the shop and up there. If Doug's available to go, then great. But I'm not going to let his availablity to go, dictate my riding. His holiday company is leaving town Monday and he said he would be available whenever as well.
I've been riding, ALOT lately. At least once a week. Today I was to go to a place called Pine Nut in Nevada, about 1.5 hours from my place but got cancelled when a tree fell onto my lower driveway yesterday. It blocked my trailer and took me until just now to clear out.
So anyway, don't mope, you and Wib decide when it would be a good time and let me know!!!
For anyone wanting to find out about some Nevada riding, check out this site: http://www.nvoffroad.com BTW, Okie won't let them post their web address either on his oh so precious site. I'm going to head over there in the next couple of weeks and check it out.

Maybe someone could let CDave know he's always welcome to check out this site. I wonder who owns the name, "Canadian Dave" anyway?
Jerry

canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

I think I'm going to uurrrp...

I figured it had to do with one or the other and both the same.

..either the presence of one or the leaving of one.

Just razzing. The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time...and nothing beats 'warm and cozy.'

But...there ain't been no arse-freezin' going on. Sun's been shining, clear blue skies, perfect riding conditions.

See what yur missin'?

***edit***
If 'who owns' means who is it...his name is Dave Otteson. He's actually Canadian ('eh?).

Riding next week? Meaning mid week? Any time? Weather has been great for riding for quite awhile but forecast for next week doesn't look good. But...what do THEY know anyway?

Every year I've been here (about 25) 'cept one there is a week or so of gorgeous weather mid-late February. That's a-ways off, though.

How about this Friday? Ha!! Merry Christmas to you, too!!

Marty and I are goin' anyway.

You could make it home for Christmas....... ;)
Last edited by canyncarvr on 04:15 pm Dec 22 2004, edited 1 time in total.

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

Mostly been cold and foggy over here! :oops:

Going down south for the holiday but maybe I'll get the green beast fixed when I get back
I don't go back to work til the 2nd!
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Update:
Well, I offered Wib first dibs on setting the date, but since I didn't know he was too cheap to fix his bike and instead would choose to ply wimmen with his charms and what little cash he has,(I'm sure,) then it is your decision alone, CC. Let me know when and where or I just might show up some evening at your doorstep.

Wib: That's the same excuse my teenaged son gave me when he was about 17. On the third time he baled on riding, I sold his dirtbike. Maybe it's time to think about selling the KDX if you don't want to ride it. :lol:
What's wrong with it anyway?
Jerry