2002 kdx200 swingarm

Got questions? We got answers....
MJ514

2002 kdx200 swingarm

Post by MJ514 »

Hey New here! I have a question, i want to extend my swingarm on my bike is there any longer swingarms that bolt on semi easily(don't really wanna drill anything) or should i buy a donor swingarm and have a inch or too added by a professional? any advise or help would be so welcomed

Milo
KDXohio
Supporting Member

Re: 2002 kdx200 swingarm

Post by KDXohio »

Welcome im not aware of any extended swing arms available maybe from another bike but im not sure which ones might fit Id probably get a stock one lengthened
1990 KDX200 FMF Fatty, Answer VFC silencer, VForce 3 Cage, Wiseco Piston, KX125-J series KYB USD fork conversion, Race tech goldvalves, J series front brake assembly, air-box snorkel removed, Acerbis Headlight, KX450F Front fender, Pro Taper RM bend bars, ASV front Brake lever, MSR Clutch perch and lever, RB Head mod, 36mm PWK carb, Trail Tech Kickstand.
C George
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by C George »

Welcome ,,,, what are you building ? A sand bike ?
05 KDX-220R / 06 KDX-225R / Maxima 927 / Millenium Tech / Ron Black / PC , FMF / Many 220 engine mods / 40 + yrs. of riding dirt bikes 🤟🤟
MJ514

2002 kdx200 swingarm

Post by MJ514 »

no not a sand bike, I race this bike all season for two years now and I'm gunna do some mods(front end conversion, bore it to a 220) and I wanted to add a inch or so to the swingarm for hill climbs during the races.
KarlP
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by KarlP »

I think I'd find a spare and have the lengthening done to it. You can always go back to stock that way. The brake line should be long enough if you don't get too crazy.

You did not ask but I would be carefull. Bike geometry is weird stuff. I can notice really small changes like moving forks a couple of mm up or down or changing sag by half a turn on the shock locking nut. Those are fine tuning adjustments and can change a bike from shacky handling to running on rails.
'08 KTM200xc
'99 CR/KDX Hybrid with that RB stuff done to it
KX100 for the boy
KDXohio
Supporting Member

Post by KDXohio »

KarlP wrote:I think I'd find a spare and have the lengthening done to it. You can always go back to stock that way. The brake line should be long enough if you don't get too crazy.

You did not ask but I would be carefull. Bike geometry is weird stuff. I can notice really small changes like moving forks a couple of mm up or down or changing sag by half a turn on the shock locking nut. Those are fine tuning adjustments and can change a bike from shacky handling to running on rails.

This is a good point lengthening your swing arm is going to give your rear wheel more leverage over your rear shock definitely something to keep in mind
1990 KDX200 FMF Fatty, Answer VFC silencer, VForce 3 Cage, Wiseco Piston, KX125-J series KYB USD fork conversion, Race tech goldvalves, J series front brake assembly, air-box snorkel removed, Acerbis Headlight, KX450F Front fender, Pro Taper RM bend bars, ASV front Brake lever, MSR Clutch perch and lever, RB Head mod, 36mm PWK carb, Trail Tech Kickstand.
Sullyfam
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Sullyfam »

Must be a lot of an gnarly hills in your races to go to that level of effort! I'd practice the heck out of my technique before making that kinda change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk