2003 h series parts and stuff

Got questions? We got answers....
Sgt.harper48
Supporting Member

Post by Sgt.harper48 »

Where can I find the o-ring for the stock header or part number ? Also looking for a new set of plastics, I can find individual pieces but was thinking buying them altogether as a kit would be a bit cheaper ? And also the little black rubber rings where the handle bars insert into the head or trip tree are about shot....where can I find those or will I get new ones if I order a new set of bars ? Recommendations on good solid bars for mostly trail riding ? Will be getting brush guards or as I call them knuckle savers. Thanks guys in advance!
cornishwrecker220

Post by cornishwrecker220 »

UFO plastics make a kit to fit , you can also purchase a headlight shroud similar to a Kxf too or the stock kdx .....as for the handlebar rubber cones I would fit the solid billet items instead as when you fall off the bars don't twist .....all the above are available on EBAY as well as the exhaust O rings:grin:
Sgt.harper48
Supporting Member

Post by Sgt.harper48 »

Thanks Cornish....never looked at eBay for the parts because I've bought off eBay 2 times and had bad experiences both times so I had been checking other sites. Never even came across ufo though but that's definitely what I was looking for and as far as the exhaust o rings go I didn't realize the gnarly woods pipe from FMF was coming with new ones so I'll use those. Thanks a bunch!
offshoretitan
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: 2003 h series parts and stuff

Post by offshoretitan »

Scott's out of California sells sanaprene sterring cones that have an aluminum cap. There system is supposed to be an improvement over OEM and to reduce handlebar vibration if you're experiencing any. I have KLX 300 forks on my KDX and these triple trees have cast handlebar mounts so I've no personal experience with the Scotts cones.
Marylander

Re: 2003 h series parts and stuff

Post by Marylander »

I hadn't thought to replace the rubber bar mounts until reading this. I just ordered a set of billet ones for my kx250, which has flexx bars so the rubber bar mounts are superfluous...

As far as ebay goes over bought a buttload of bike stuff there, including bunches of used parts to rebuild that kx. The one problem I had was quickly taken care of by the eBay resolution process.
cornishwrecker220

Post by cornishwrecker220 »

I've fitted the UFO plastics to my 220.....( I chose a 2003 kx 125 front fender ) .quality items.....the rear fender tail light is different from OE but still looks & functions as it should.....I had to install my OE headlight into the UFO cowl only because the UFO headlight & bulb holder & wiring was different to what I had but it wasn't a problem.