Exhausts

Got questions? We got answers....
OffroaderGR

Exhausts

Post by OffroaderGR »

Hey guys im a newbie and i own a kawasaki KDX '92 passed down to me by my father. The exhaust pipe (is that the right word? I mean the last part that some people change for better sound/top speed) was a ripoff and i want to be able to know if an exhaust fits my bike because i want to order from the internet and i wont be able to get my hands on it before actually paying. Thanks in advance
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: Exhausts

Post by Julien D »

There are two pieces to the exhaust. The expansion pipe, and the silencer. Changing out the silencer does almost nothing for you, the stock E series silencer is actually a very nice unit. For the expansion pipe, your options are FMF Fatty, or DG.
OffroaderGR

Post by OffroaderGR »

Julien D wrote:There are two pieces to the exhaust. The expansion pipe, and the silencer. Changing out the silencer does almost nothing for you, the stock E series silencer is actually a very nice unit. For the expansion pipe, your options are FMF Fatty, or DG.
Thanks a ton
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

Absolutely. Last I checked, dirtoverstock.com had the DG pipes in stock, (NOS). I bought mine through them years ago, and have been very happy with that purchase. I have run both the DG and the Fatty back to back. Both are good pipes, but the DG is a bit tougher build.