Kenda Eqillibrium

Got questions? We got answers....
chippy

Kenda Eqillibrium

Post by chippy »

Anyone try one of these yet?
They look good. A cross between a knobby and a trials tire. They are very tall and soft, but are reported to wear well. I am just looking for some real world input before I try one.

http://powersports.kendatire.com/en-us/ ... uilibrium/
CAL-kawi

Kenda Eqillibrium

Post by CAL-kawi »

If you ride woods roots and rocks, and can get your hands on one, I'd go for it! Looks like a great tire. I haven't been able to try one yet, but wouldn't hesitate if it was available where I buy. I've been following the reviews, and they're all positive. I'm not really a knob thrower, prefer to have traction to get the front up at will, but I'm Leary of the full on trials tires where I ride because the woods here are steep and loamy. I think this tire would give the steep downhill braking that is needed here, plus the traction and long life of the trials.
Marylander

Re: Kenda Eqillibrium

Post by Marylander »

I've got one on my 00 kx250 and it is pretty awesome for the east coast rocks that I ride. I've only done 1 ride on it thus far but I'm pretty pleased.
ohgood
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by ohgood »

chippy wrote:Anyone try one of these yet?
They look good. A cross between a knobby and a trials tire. They are very tall and soft, but are reported to wear well. I am just looking for some real world input before I try one.

http://powersports.kendatire.com/en-us/ ... uilibrium/
Looks like a good one to try.. I'm petty happy with a cheap sr241 from shinko, but won't mind a better bite, just like always.
BlackMist

Post by BlackMist »

only two sizes though?
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

Looks nice. I might have to give one a try!
Rat Boy D

Kenda Eqillibrium

Post by Rat Boy D »

How does the tire work in the mud? Because my brother says that a normal trials tire is horrible in the mud. :?
Marylander

Post by Marylander »

My expectation is that these would not be bad in the mud but I rarely ride in mud so... Usually any mud I come across is down between rocks so no big deal even for a trials tire. ;)
chippy

Kenda Eqillibrium

Post by chippy »

Ok, here's the scoop.
I tried the Kenda on my Honda 250x. (my "mountain goat") Wow, a great tire for trail riding. Traction is incredible, braking traction is absolutely amazing! The ride over rocky terrain is very similar to a trials tire, with much better braking control on slippery down hills. I can't say much for mud as it's been record setting dry and hot here this Summer. Right now the wildfires and smoke are out of control and we will not be riding for awhile. :sad:
kiohio
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Kenda Eqillibrium

Post by kiohio »

Can anyone else update on this tire? I have a Kenda K760 on the rear and a Kenda Millville II on the front.
I would love to get an extra rim and try out the Kenda Equillibrium rear tire or other rear tire.
I ride in SE Ohio and WV so the terrain is super varied from mud to dry sand to clay to rocks to...well you get the picture LOL
I've read that if you spin the tire it doesn't like to grab traction back very well.
Have you all seen the same characteristics?

Thanks,
KO
Marylander

Post by Marylander »

I used mine in mud/rain this past Saturday and it worked fine, apparently better than the similar motoz on a couple other bikes. They're cheap enough to just give one a shot and see how it works for you. They are crazy good in rocks...
kiohio
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by kiohio »

That's probably what I will do. I need to find another wheel now.....

KO
Marylander

Post by Marylander »

Yeah, I picked up a used KLX wheel for this purpose. You may already know this but KLX wheels work and you can use KX hubs from 02 and earlier if you're building from scratch (newer KX wheels have 3 bearings, not just 2, but work fine). Of course the KX wheels have 19" rims on them to start. I swap wheels between my 00 KX250 and the 03 KDX220 from time to time...
kiohio
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by kiohio »

I did not know any of that stuff I'm still a newb to anything Kawi LOL
Thank you for the info.

KO
Marylander

Post by Marylander »

I should clarify then, I'm certain the KLX300 wheels work fine and are probably exactly the same parts as used in the H series KDXs. I'm not sure about KLX250s and KLX650 wheels. Hubs from KX125s and KX250s from 93-98 and from 99-02 work (I think the 93-98 is a 2 bearing hub, I'm certain the 99-02 is a 3 bearing hub).