V Force Reeds

Got questions? We got answers....
Corey

V Force Reeds

Post by Corey »

Hey Folks,
Going to do some performance upgrades to a '96 KDX200. First purchase was V Force 3 reeds which I got in the mail today. Opened the box up to inspect the component and I notice that the inner block is not fitting flush with the outer block. I'm talking about the surfaces that would mate up to the intake boot. The inner block protrudes out a little bit. I tried to push it in to see if it was not assembled fully and the inner will not budge. Seems to me that they would have to be flush so as not to create an air leak. Does anyone who bought this component recall having the same fitment issue or is this normal for this component?

Thank you in advance for your input.
Rippin_RobMX

Re: V Force Reeds

Post by Rippin_RobMX »

Any pictures?
Tioli
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

V Force Reeds

Post by Tioli »

I have a spare one on my bench and its flush.
I would suggest you take the bolt up section off like you are changing reeds. Have a through inspection of the mating surfaces and see it there is any obstruction to fully joining.

If it turns out to be the way it is and your happy to use it. I would cut gaskets to make it flush when bolted to the manifold.
2001 KX125 with a 1997 KDX Tioli Hp motor

My KDX journey starts at the bottom of this page:
http://www.trials.com.au/forum/viewtopi ... &start=160

Trials.com.au / Forum / All about...me! / My long time friend the prancing horse / page 9
Corey

Post by Corey »

Thanks Tioli. The instructions do not go into disassembling. Do you mind describing the process?
Tioli
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

V Force Reeds

Post by Tioli »

Yes strange that.
I looked it up on utube. A Asian lady changes then and it's easy when you know how.
2001 KX125 with a 1997 KDX Tioli Hp motor

My KDX journey starts at the bottom of this page:
http://www.trials.com.au/forum/viewtopi ... &start=160

Trials.com.au / Forum / All about...me! / My long time friend the prancing horse / page 9
Corey

Post by Corey »

Ok, thank you for your input. I'll look it up.
Corey

Post by Corey »

Ok, so it turns out after speaking to a tech rep of the company that it is supposed to protrude out a couple thousands. Mine was more than that and it was just a matter of popping out the inner block (more force than I expected but he assured me that was normal) and re-inserting/wedging it back in squarly. Whew!!
Thanks to all who responded to my post!
PS. They don't tell how to take it apart in the instructions. Only when you by the replacement reeds that the instructions will tell you how as per the tech rep.