KIPS Valve Questions

Got questions? We got answers....
Rippin_RobMX

KIPS Valve Questions

Post by Rippin_RobMX »

was just wondering if every thing looks normal, besides needing a cleaning. It seems to bog when i hit the gas when on the power band, don't know if the kips is sticking or if my silencer needs to be repacked. i have a FMF turbine core 2 silencer. any input would be appreciated ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Adamnb1

KIPS Valve Questions

Post by Adamnb1 »

Well, it appears by the gear and rod position behind the slotted cover that the main kips shaft is in the idle/shut/below6000RPM position, and indeed you can see the exhaust slide valve is down all the way (it looks that way, anyway). It also appears that the two sub port valves are closed, meaning that the path to the Halmhotz Resonator is open. So.. I'm no expert but the setup appears correct to me
Rippin_RobMX

KIPS Valve Questions

Post by Rippin_RobMX »

Adamnb1 wrote:Well, it appears by the gear and rod position behind the slotted cover that the main kips shaft is in the idle/shut/below6000RPM position, and indeed you can see the exhaust slide valve is down all the way (it looks that way, anyway). It also appears that the two sub port valves are closed, meaning that the path to the Halmhotz Resonator is open. So.. I'm no expert but the setup appears correct to me
ok thanks! And turning the air screw to 2 turns instead of 1.5 fixed the bogging issue. And I'm thinking of using amsoil interceptor instead of yamalube as amsoil is fully synthetic and I don't beleive yamalube is.