94 kdx250 won't idle, which timing mark is right.

Got questions? We got answers....
leejoe

Post by leejoe »

I have changed the pilot jet from a 42,38,35,45. Has a 35 in it now. Idle screw is all the way in, but you still have to crack the throttle to keep it running. Check float level every time I changed jets. Even took bowl off and put fuel line on to make sure the fuel use not leaking out of the float needle valve when sealed. I have burnt out the fmf fatty pipe repacked the silencer. The bike has 185 psi compression, the reeds look to be sealed, it has a new air filter, engine has all new seals and bearings. The timing is on the retard mark after it was rebuilt. There also is no plastis insert in the Reed cage or made on the intake boot. Could either the timing or the lack of the insert cause it not to idle. I'm about to pull my hair out over this one. Any ideals would be appreciated.
ohgood
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Re: 94 kdx250 won't idle, which timing mark is right.

Post by ohgood »

potado in the pipe ?

broken silencer?

jet block gasket?
leejoe

Post by leejoe »

Silencer was cleaned and repacked. I took jet block out o ring looks good. Pipe has been been cleaned. I was told by the local Kawasaki dealer that the carb was wore out and they hadn't even seen the carb.
Tioli
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by Tioli »

With out a filler block it will mess it up some but I would have thought more in the upper range.

Try turning your idel screw up on the slide till it idels then play with the with the pilot screw and see it you can find a combo that works.

If you have a air leek any where it will tend to make it idel high and thin that with out a read block could be enough?
2001 KX125 with a 1997 KDX Tioli Hp motor

My KDX journey starts at the bottom of this page:
http://www.trials.com.au/forum/viewtopi ... &start=160

Trials.com.au / Forum / All about...me! / My long time friend the prancing horse / page 9
leejoe

Post by leejoe »

I have the idle screw all the way in on the slide. I may need to just get a get block oring and try that.