Dyno port pipe?

Got questions? We got answers....
MistrRoboto

Dyno port pipe?

Post by MistrRoboto »

My 2001 KDX200 has a "dyno port" pipe... Any good? Can't seem to find much info on it outside their website. I remember it coming on our 97 kdx200 back in the day and it somehow made its way onto my bike. Pipe is atleast 15 yeas old... On a bike that ran rich for ages.

Would I benefit from an FMF Gnarly Woods? If I changed, would the jetting I just finished get thrown way off?

Stock silencer even worth replacing or is it good to go?

Thanks
Jim
ICRage42
Supporting Member

Re: Dyno port pipe?

Post by ICRage42 »

I had one I got on mine as well. The main difference I could tell was better top end. Larger diameter. That and the thing was heavy compared to my new one. If you have a lot of wide open fields to wind it out its fun. I ride more tight trail woods so it didn't benefit me that much.

The woods or pro plat pipe I do believe give a better bottom/torque.

As far as jetting youll probably be off but not that much. I would still go through a couple of spark plug chops to see where its at.

Other than weight of the stock silencer I don't think theres a real benefit to get rid of it. Besides that you can go to the state parks with a stock silencer.
If you cant fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem.
MistrRoboto

Re: Dyno port pipe?

Post by MistrRoboto »

Funny you mention it's top end. I just thought to myself yesterday... Wow this bike has more top end than I remember. And slightly less low than I remember. Wonder if it's that pipe. So Dyno port reads to be somewhat similar to the Gnarly "desert"?