KDX220 top end rebuild

Got questions? We got answers....
tlrbradley

KDX220 top end rebuild

Post by tlrbradley »

I am getting ready to rebuild the top end on my 2003 KDX220, and plan on purchasing one of the Wiseco complete top end kits. I have read on this forum that it does not include some of the KIPS seals and gaskets that will be needed during the rebuild. Can anybody point me to any additional parts that I will need for this? Anything else I should replace while the engine is out?

Thanks!
6 Riders
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: KDX220 top end rebuild

Post by 6 Riders »

Buy a winderosa seal kit, this will have all the seals that you need. Go ahead and do the water pump seals and clutch rod seal while you're in there.
newbbewb wrote:^what he said.
masterblaster wrote:Man 6 riders you rock.
*side note...I'm drunk, so try to read what I'm trying to say, instead of what I actually type
tlrbradley

KDX220 top end rebuild

Post by tlrbradley »

C George, I see that you sent me a PM, but I am not authorized to view any private messages.

Thanks for the info 6 riders. I have actually already ordered the Wiseco PK1599 kit, and have already replaced the seals for the clutch rod a couple months ago when I replaced the inner and outer clutch cover. That is why I was curious about which KIPS seals I would need. The water pump seals are a good idea though.