Need advice thinking about replacing the carb

Got questions? We got answers....
actmobmar
Supporting Member

Need advice thinking about replacing the carb

Post by actmobmar »

I've been fighting a running rich problem with my 01 kdx200, found a cracked in the main jet holder at the mounting ear, went to take it apart and the ear fell off. Ive got a couple of options, buy a used carb and rebuild it, or buy a pwk airstriker 35, they are around 190$. One other option is to do a pwk 36 airstriker , but I think dimensionally it is different (correct me if I'm wrong ). I trail ride and am looking to do some amateur hare scrambles. Bike already has the fmf gnarly pipe and silencer. What would you guys do?
TheRadBaron
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Re: Need advice thinking about replacing the carb

Post by TheRadBaron »

I would highly recommend that you buy a new, modified carb from RB. He does a really slick battery of mods to a PWK and it's a major improvement over any stock or unmodified carb. The stock carb was pretty thrashed on my '89 so I bought one from RB. If you have your head modified at the same time (also highly recommended) you'll save some money on shipping.
C George
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Re: Need advice thinking about replacing the carb

Post by C George »

TheRadBaron wrote:I would highly recommend that you buy a new, modified carb from RB. He does a really slick battery of mods to a PWK and it's a major improvement over any stock or unmodified carb. The stock carb was pretty thrashed on my '89 so I bought one from RB. If you have your head modified at the same time (also highly recommended) you'll save some money on shipping.

+ 1 :)
05 KDX-220R / 06 KDX-225R / Maxima 927 / Millenium Tech / Ron Black / PC , FMF / Many 220 engine mods / 40 + yrs. of riding dirt bikes 🤟🤟