Titling help!

Got questions? We got answers....
Railinandnailin

Titling help!

Post by Railinandnailin »

Hi everybody, I have a 92 KDX 200. I'm trying to get a title in Pennsylvania and I'm not sure what process to use. I've ran the VIN in a online service, its not stolen, and I've called the PA DMV to run it and its not in their system. Is there any way to do a multi-state search, and if it was in a state where it wasn't titled can I apply for the title? The other possibility is doing an abandoned vehicle title, but its a little bit more work which I'm willing to do if it depends on it. Thanks guys!
pumpguy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Titling help!

Post by pumpguy »

Can't offer specific help as each state is different.

I would recommend you do a search here on this site. There have many posts and threads on this subject. There appear to be many routes to titling a KDX.
KDXohio
Supporting Member

Re: Titling help!

Post by KDXohio »

In ohio i was told i can have an out of state inspection done which is free at my local dealer then take it too the bmv and they'll issue me a title since its never been titled.
1990 KDX200 FMF Fatty, Answer VFC silencer, VForce 3 Cage, Wiseco Piston, KX125-J series KYB USD fork conversion, Race tech goldvalves, J series front brake assembly, air-box snorkel removed, Acerbis Headlight, KX450F Front fender, Pro Taper RM bend bars, ASV front Brake lever, MSR Clutch perch and lever, RB Head mod, 36mm PWK carb, Trail Tech Kickstand.
ohgood
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Titling help!

Post by ohgood »

Railinandnailin wrote:Hi everybody, I have a 92 KDX 200. I'm trying to get a title in Pennsylvania and I'm not sure what process to use. I've ran the VIN in a online service, its not stolen, and I've called the PA DMV to run it and its not in their system. Is there any way to do a multi-state search, and if it was in a state where it wasn't titled can I apply for the title? The other possibility is doing an abandoned vehicle title, but its a little bit more work which I'm willing to do if it depends on it. Thanks guys!

I don't know if your state will allow you to title a dirt bike or not, but South Dakota will, for around $45:

http://supermotojunkie.com/showthread.p ... r-ANY-Bike

I did it in alabama, no problem. tag takes around 5 days (whatever mail speed is) and title about three weeks.

if your state requires an inspection, put lights/blinkers on it from another bike, and pass the inspection. no biggie.