Best site for plastics?

Got questions? We got answers....
Bitteeinit

Best site for plastics?

Post by Bitteeinit »

Just went back to do one of the most difficult/technical trails in the country (brag brag... Not like I did it in record time or anything). Last time I tried it I had to ditch the bike at a particularly rocky spot and walk 3 hours to the nearest village for help. Anyways, the KDX performed great but on my way back I was doing 60-95kph along a good, albeit bumpy laterite dirt road. Once I got back on tarmac I noticed my left panel was missing... Oops! I guess the screw was loose or something. I have a 1992 SR with USD forks. Not looking for the same graphics as that would be too hard to find, just want to know if theres a preferred website for plastics. I'd likely get both side panels so they match. I assume all pre-95 bikes use the same plastics?
Bitteeinit

Re: Best site for plastics?

Post by Bitteeinit »

Ok so since no one gave an answer, I figured Amazon and Ebay were the go-to sites for most. I had a quick look and $50 for two UFO side panels seemed a bit high (especially considering I then need to get them shipped out here), so I decided to have a look at taobao.com to see if they had anything. Here's what I found:

Sides panels/radiator panels (roughly $20 per pair, so $40 for all 4):
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a23 ... t=5#detail

Front fork guards (USD forks) for roughly $6:

Pretty cool looking decals (in a retro kind of way) for roughly $5:

Also some cool-looking wide pegs, but I'm not sure if they'll fit the E series so I'm on the fence for now ($14). Same for a pipe guard ($18):

Question: is the KDX 250 front plastic the same as the E series KDX 200? I figured I might as well go all out and buy a complete set and then have them painted Kawazaki green.

I've ordered from there before and service wasn't good (unless you speak Chinese, you have to use an intermediary broker like taobaofocus as most won't ship internationally). The products I received last time I ordered (maybe two years ago) were fine. Decent quality (not as good as UFO of course) and finish. Just throwing it out there as an option for some.
6 Riders
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by 6 Riders »

So, did you just order from that site, or use a broker?
Did you get everything that you ordered and was the quality pretty good?
I'm thinking I'm going to spend some $$ :grin:
newbbewb wrote:^what he said.
masterblaster wrote:Man 6 riders you rock.
*side note...I'm drunk, so try to read what I'm trying to say, instead of what I actually type
Bitteeinit

Post by Bitteeinit »

Last time I used a broker (taobaofocus). You pretty much have to as they only speak Chinese and often won't ship internationally. The broker was a bi of a pain. Barely passable English and typically shady Chinese business practice (you need to pay by western Union... WTF?) and ummm, a very Asian approach to customer service. They got pissed and were all surprised when I asked for two separate quotes for shipping. They offer express and standard airmail, but for some reason expect you to make a choice without knowing how much either will cost. The difference in shipping was a good 50$! Maybe they've gotten better... I'll find out for you. I'll probably place an order next week.

I'm just debating whether to just get the panel I'm missing (the pair) plus a sticker kit, and then polish the rest of my plastics. Orrrr, buying a whole new set of plastics. I'm not a big cosmetics guy, but a missing panel does annoy me and fresh stickers on nice plastics would be cool (until they inevitably get scratched up again). My current ones area bit worn and I'm not sure if the whiteness/"sun veins" will polish off well. Only buying those two side panels to start would also b less risk in case the plastic is really shitty quality.
6 Riders
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by 6 Riders »

I need/want a set of the side panels myself. Always worries me dealing with China though.
newbbewb wrote:^what he said.
masterblaster wrote:Man 6 riders you rock.
*side note...I'm drunk, so try to read what I'm trying to say, instead of what I actually type
BamBam
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by BamBam »

I am also looking for a side panel(s) and saw the UFO new panels are about the same price as beat up used ebay stuff. But it looks like the UFO right side panel has a couple of extra holes. Anyone know why this is ?

G22inSC
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by G22inSC »

I could be wrong, but I don't believe those are holes but rather rubber "pieces" that rest/rub against the silencer on the backside of the panel. Possibly to help with melting issues if the silencer is really hot.
'05 Kaw KDX200 ('00 KX125 forks / '02 RM125 Showa "K2" shock)
'14 Yam YZ125(x) (oldest boy's)
'22 Yam YZ125X (youngest boy's)
'17 Yam YZ85 (soon to be FOR SALE)
'10 Honda Recon (wife's)
'08 Kaw KX65 (Sold)
'07 KTM 50SX Sr. (Sold)
'09 Yam PW50 (retired)
'97 Kaw KX250 (Sold)

Gallery

2005 KDX200 Bike Profile
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

I would think they are for the silencer also. The '87 KDX200 had those.

If you put a numberplate background sticker on it, you can cover it up if you want.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128