Rekluse EXP 3.0

Got questions? We got answers....
bradf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Rekluse EXP 3.0

Post by bradf »

Much Thanks to Ted and Ken, this mod has turned out to be the best upgrade to date.

I used the 04 YZ 125 Barnett basket, machined to clear the internals of the KDX. The KDX gear had to be machined to accept the Barnett basket.
Used 2005 CR250F Tusk friction plates and 4 springs.
EXP 3.0 heavy weights and silver springs
LHRB Hayes

I ride with a mix of enduro and hare scramble types. Some A riders, some B. I am a fair-to-middlin B. I'm almost 56. Went to a private track in N Florida (Pinetta) that is all sand and tight, TIGHT woods riding. Most A riders only see 3rd gear in two places on this track. The Rekluse was far beyond what I imagined. One point to make here is that my bike is all RB'd and I know exactly where the SSS is and riding tight courses and using the 3rd gear low pulling power is an advantage. The fact that I could keep it in 3rd for the vast majority of the time and NOT have to clutch or down shift around all the sandy 180 deg corners made the Rekluse even more of an asset.

Two of the A rider types (KTM 300 and 450 riders) took it around the 2.5 mile loop and when they got back they all stated that not only was the motor and 3rd gear pulling power very useful, they said the clutch made all wheel spin non-existent. In this sand you either are perfect on the clutch release or you spin, and spinning = slower. They both could easily use the throttle to pull out of all corners. Another great benefit we all enjoyed was hard rear breaking and never bothering with the clutch.

Anyone that wants to enjoy riding in tight woods should consider this mod. My left hand and arm would have normally given out in the second lap. I did 4 consecutive and only stopped because I needed a drink real bad. My left hand only need one finger on the LHRB.

I love this mod!
'04 220 w/'01 KX250 USD forks, '02 RM125 Showa shock, Rekluse EXP 3.0, LHRB & all RB'd
kx200
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Rekluse EXP 3.0

Post by kx200 »

I will second that. Between the low 1st gear on the KDX and the Rekluse it got me up a wet slimy rocky uphill at my last race. No way with out it on that climb!