The Great Pumpkin beckons!

Got questions? We got answers....
NM_KDX200

Post by NM_KDX200 »

>|<>QBB<
m0rie wrote:>|<>QBB<
Jason wrote:M0rie, Wide ratio trannies are a good thing for going WFO across the desert, for most everything else with a small bore bike i'd rather have a close ratio tranny.
That's my thinking, too. There's a test of the new KTM's in Dirt Rider and they said that the close ratio transmission basically gives you a choice of gears, while with the wide, there's 1 correct gear. I don't mind shifting, esp. as you noted, with a 200.

I read and read and read KTMTalk and given my ratio of track/off-road, I think I could be real happy with an SX. And if I don't win, I can be real happy, too. Rode the KX today and that thing is just so controllable...I practiced berms- railing, busting, going outside and crossing over, etc.

Regarding the bike I have the bid on- I talked to the guy on the phone for about 30 minutes the other day and found out all about the bike. It's about a 650 mile 1-way drive for me, but like I was telling Jason, I have relatives at 500 miles, directly on the way, whom I haven't seen in far too long. So, if I win, we'll go visit them, I'll swing down the Interstate to get the bike (and maybe even go for a ride!), and then we'll head home the next day.
1999 KDX 200
2001 KDX 220
2002 RM 134
2004 KX 125
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Thanks for the info, m0rie. I have only seen the wide open desert races and such in magazines.

Good luck with it, NM_KDX200.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by fuzzy »

CR trannies are fine if 1st is to your liking. I like having a granny first. If you get into this situation w/ a CR bike you will have to clutch the crap out of it. I personally love a WR trans. If your motor has balls then it will pull the wide gear. 200's don't....Esp the KTM's. W/ a 250 or 300 I think I would be EXC all the way. IMO, and all that.
'91 KDX 200 Project $300 KDX
'95 KDX 200 Project $600 KDX
'94 WR 250 Always a project
NM_KDX200

Post by NM_KDX200 »

30 minutes to go and I'm still not out-bid. Yikes....what if I actually win this thing?
:shock:

Later: WHEW!!!! That was CLOSE. I feel like I've walked up to the abyss, looked in, and then fallen backwards! I feel like Frodo immediately post-finger-loss! Orange almost had me there, guys! Jason- I could feel ya pulling me back there...thanks, man! :rolleyes: I think I'll go ride my KDX now. :mrgreen:
1999 KDX 200
2001 KDX 220
2002 RM 134
2004 KX 125
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Buyers remorse is to be expected. Not to worry, you're among friends, we won't discriminate against you just 'cause you're orange.
I've been kicking the idea of a 300 EXC that I can green sticker here in CA added to my stable of ponies!!!!
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!