Need some info. New to 2strokes

Got questions? We got answers....
KDX Hellion

Re: Need some info. New to 2strokes

Post by KDX Hellion »

You and me both bro, this crap is painful. And no way possible to get comfortable.
G22inSC
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by G22inSC »

I feel your pain. I was out of work for almost 8 weeks a few years ago with a tibial plateau fracture and partially torn ACL.
'05 Kaw KDX200 ('00 KX125 forks / '02 RM125 Showa "K2" shock)
'14 Yam YZ125(x) (oldest boy's)
'22 Yam YZ125X (youngest boy's)
'17 Yam YZ85 (soon to be FOR SALE)
'10 Honda Recon (wife's)
'08 Kaw KX65 (Sold)
'07 KTM 50SX Sr. (Sold)
'09 Yam PW50 (retired)
'97 Kaw KX250 (Sold)

Gallery

2005 KDX200 Bike Profile
KDX Hellion

Post by KDX Hellion »

Glad You recovered ok though. Do you have any problems with your knee jumping out when you put weight bearing pressure on it?
What type/brand brace did you use?
I actually have 3 small tears in my ACL and have broken the bone that the ACL actually attaches to.
I didn't really listen very good when the doc was talking to me, the nurse was drawing blood/fluid off of my knee. So my attention was a little subpar[emoji23]
G22inSC
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by G22inSC »

I also remember the doc talking to my wife while he was filling a HUGE syringe with the fluid off my knee cap. I swear it was the size of a cantaloupe. I destroyed my knee on my son's PW50 when I was doing some initial work on it. Long story short, I was standing since the seat was off and went to the end of the driveway. I instinctively went for the rear brake with my right foot. Bad mistake since it is a hand brake on the PW. Needless to say my foot slid off the peg when the rubber cover rotated on the peg and then contacted the ground. Problem was myself and the bike were still moving so my foot rotated out and then the knee hyperextended. PAIN.

I wore a Don-Joy neoprene compression brace with metal braces and stops while I was recovering. It was what the Dr. prescribed and sold to me at a wonderful price. Thank godness insurance covered some of that cost.

I made a full recovery after being out of work for almost 8 weeks. I could have gone back earlier but my job is LE so I stayed home until I wasn't worried about my knee and possibly going hands on with someone. No lingering effects and don't ever really think about it. I did pick up some Asterisk braces but I hardly wear them. I don't think they will do any good unless they are so tight basically to the point of inducing cramps within a few minutes of riding.

Good luck with the recovery. Non-weight bearing means non-weight bearing and start physical therapy as soon as possible.
'05 Kaw KDX200 ('00 KX125 forks / '02 RM125 Showa "K2" shock)
'14 Yam YZ125(x) (oldest boy's)
'22 Yam YZ125X (youngest boy's)
'17 Yam YZ85 (soon to be FOR SALE)
'10 Honda Recon (wife's)
'08 Kaw KX65 (Sold)
'07 KTM 50SX Sr. (Sold)
'09 Yam PW50 (retired)
'97 Kaw KX250 (Sold)

Gallery

2005 KDX200 Bike Profile
KDX Hellion

Post by KDX Hellion »

Yea I didn't mean to put weight on it, but was out in the shop 2days after the injury and got off balance. I put accidentally put weight on the leg and my knee instantly jumped out of socket. Lots of Pain involved in that.
The doc is trying to get a Bledsoe extender plus approved by my insurance.
After 5 days now my Calf muscle is so tight and sore I can't even bring my foot up, I can only get my toes to touch the floor. I can't get flat footed to save my life.
I'll be in physical therapy ASAP! I will also be riding my bicycle to help to speed things along once he releases me to therapy.
It's nice to be able to talk to someone who has had injuries of the same nature. Thanks man!
mafd2

Post by mafd2 »

KDX Hellion wrote:I've been running belray H1-R 2smoke oil at 32:1 but it's not readily available in my area, I'm considering switching to another brand that my local shop carries.
Here are my choices:
Maxima castor 927
Motul 800
Maxima super M

What do you guys recommend, and what ratio?
I like Amsoil the best at 45:1. 32:1 is overkill with today's synthetic oil and is too much. 32:1 was ok years ago with petroleum based oils. You have better protection with a synthetic @ 50:1 than petroleum @ 32:1. I've used Amsoil for years in my air cooled and water cooled 2 strokes and have had ZERO problems. Power valves and engines stay clean and there's unsurpassed protection. Depending on your riding habits, the Interceptor or Dominator are both synthetics and have an emphasis on power valves and is recommended @ 50:1.
Last edited by mafd2 on 09:53 am Jun 12 2015, edited 1 time in total.
1978 Suz RM125
1992 Suz RM250
2002 Hon CR250
2003 Suz RM250
2005 Kaw KDX200 (street conversion)
1971 Hon CB750
1995 HD FLHR
2003 Kaw ZZR1200
1975 Kaw H1 Triple
KDX Hellion

Post by KDX Hellion »

Yea that's what I was running before my crash. It's going to be awhile before I mess with that bike again.
I'm going to have to replace the Fat pipe and bars before I ride it again.
I may get disgusted with it and sell it who knows. The pipe was a week old when I crashed and now it's trash.