trailtech computet

Got questions? We got answers....
Captn Kirk

Re: trailtech computet

Post by Captn Kirk »

We bought the bike used and knowing full well looks can be deceiving, I will say the tell-tale markers of a well used bike were not there. The spewing is the second 220r we've had on the "team" and they are both puking in the really technical slip the clutch 1st gear hill climbing where the bike is working had but not moving fast. That combined with a brand new rider all seem to contribute to the issue. Coming from years of KTM's, first thing we do for the type of riding we do is add the fan and the problem goes away. The fan says 12v on the side of it FWIW. There are of course two wires going to the bulb and there isn't enough there to do the job. Point of clarification - does the stator make AC then it gets converted to DC or is it the other way around.

I've bought a 2.1bar radiator cap made by Moose, and I have both Engine Ice on hand and a gallon of Evans on the way via Amazon. Should I wait for the Evans, or should the cap and Ice do the trick? Opinions please.

On the jetting side relative to lean mix contributing to hot running, the bike will live (going forward) in Colorado (I bought this bike as a bonus for my IT Director since my new parent company wouldn't let me bonus him) and base camp will be around 10000 feet with rides taking us to 12,500. He may find some lower altitude riding other than our annual trip of course so here's how I have him set up: Main 150, Needle 2nd from top. It has an FMF pipe and silencer on it and I believe it is stock otherwise i.e. no reeds change. Is he too lean for the altitudes I've described?

Thanks in advance boys. the more I am around these KDX's, the more I am impressed and wonder why they stopped making them.
dualscotty

trailtech computet

Post by dualscotty »

So installed my trail tech speedo last April with tach and speedo only. Used internal battery power only. Worked awesome. Battery ran out so I wired it directly to bike. Ground to frame and tapped into head light power(pre switch start bike computer comes on not shut off headlight and computer still works) wich is how I wanted it. I did remove the tach wire because I don't need to know Roma on my two stroke anyway. So basically all I want is speedo and miles. Every thing is working except miles per hour is way high. I installed new internal battery thinking it needed it to remember my settings(tire size) but when I set tire size and go back through settings it's still reads like 5560 or something. Any one familiar with this. Internal battery needed even if wired directly. Thanks
6 Riders
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by 6 Riders »

IIRC You've got to have battery power for the memory to store your settings. The batteries are cheap, you get 2 to a package and they last forever when you have the bike wired to it.
newbbewb wrote:^what he said.
masterblaster wrote:Man 6 riders you rock.
*side note...I'm drunk, so try to read what I'm trying to say, instead of what I actually type
dualscotty

Post by dualscotty »

I did install new battery but speedo is still way to high
6 Riders
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by 6 Riders »

Did you reset your settings? I THINK that you have to re-input all your settings....not positive.

This should help http://gallery.trailtech.net/media/inst ... ctions.pdf

this is specifically in the "help" section....
The internal battery may be dead, or Vapor is not hooked up to vehicle power properly. Review installation procedure. Try the reset button on the back of Vapor. Don’t forget to write down your wheel size and other settings beforehand

Hope that helps.
newbbewb wrote:^what he said.
masterblaster wrote:Man 6 riders you rock.
*side note...I'm drunk, so try to read what I'm trying to say, instead of what I actually type