Kouba Link Install question

Got questions? We got answers....
travisvt
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by travisvt »

So I bought the Kouba link and installed them, but it lowers my rear 1.5" approx so I want to lower my front 1.5" or as close I can get without new forks. It says I can get 1/2" by sliding my forks up and then another 3/4" if I get another upper handlebar clamp and flip it over under my bars and use a 3/4" longer bolt to secure it.... Is this method safe? I assume it is if they are recommending it but just wanted to see if anyone out here has an opinion or experience with this issue?

It also seemed a little strange that the Kouba links were a bit thicker there for when I put the stock bolt back through the link on the one side had very little shoulder to sit on left on the bolt before the threads. I imagine once I tightened up the bolts it would be fine but I only had about an eighth ofan inch of shoulder.

thanks
jjavaman
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Re: Kouba Link Install question

Post by jjavaman »

How much can u move your forks up? I've got 1inch lowering links and moved my forks 1inch up with at least 1/2 inch of clearance left? I'd raise them as much as I could and go for a ride, see how it rides/turns.
97-220 with a PC pipe. 2015- RB carb and head mod
kawagumby
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kawagumby »

The kouba links fit very tightly...if you have an apparent short bolt length, chances are the link isn't yet positioned right.
1994 KDX200, Beta 200rr, yz125, yz250, kx100 modded for adult, gasgas contact 250.